Corsair Community

more outta wot ive got or upgrade?

WPDusteR

NF7-S V.2.0 400 Sapphire 9600pro 128mb XP 2600 333 DDR Corsair 2*256 cmx256a-3200LLPT real happy with my corsair, do not want to change anybios settings thats gunna melt summuts, wot voltage should i have going to my Ram?. should i alter the Ram timings in bios from speed to aggressive?. was wandering if i can slap a stick of 512 in (as i only have 3 dimms) or would i be losing benefits of DUAL????? and get no real gain for my money?. and could u advise on what would be compatible with what i have, i just wanna find all the options that are available to me. thx for ya time

Welcome to the forums, [WP]DusteR! Alrighty... NF7-S, I'd set the timings to "MANUAL" and enter them in as: CAS - 2 RAS to CAS Delay - 3 RAS Precharge - 2 Cycle Time - 6 DDR Voltage - 2.7x As for adding another 512Mb's, I'd buy a single CMX512-3200LL module and put it in DIMM slot 3 with the two 256Mb modules in DIMMs 1 & 2. This'll give each memory controller 512Mb's to use and you'll still have Dual-Channel enabled! However, if you added this third stick, I'd set the timings to: CAS - 2.5 RAS to CAD Delay - 3 RAS Precharge - 3 Cycle Time - 6 DDR Voltage - 2.7x PLUR CK

thx for the welcome and info CK!, not into benchmarking but i think im squeezing a few more FPS outta my games :) , as for the upgrade advice as soon as i got the 100 quid that extra sticks mine. Oh yeah would u run ram at 400mhz even though my processor is at 333mhz?

• 4 weeks later...
ok guys finally got some pennys together, but looking through all the links u give and cannot find the stick u advised from anywhere will i be ok getting xms instead? cos thats all can see them selling unless u can give me a link? thx for time once again :) oh yeah UK!!!!

yeah i looked there thx ram! would i be able to run this with wot ive got as its 50 pound cheaper than what u originally recommended? CMX512-3200C2PT, oh yeah i was telling a mate from work bout me contacting u for some advice and he thinks u rock RAMGUY (well mainly your name lol) and the good you do here

• 2 months later...
ok lads long time since i first posted here,kinda rude on me as i could of informed u that on the nf7s v2 its dimms 2+3 for duel memory, ive just added a sapphire x800 pro and a barton 3200 400mhz and nowt but trouble if any of you know the best bios config for this rig without o/c then i would be very pleased to hear from u,

Archived