Corsair Community

Hx620 sata wire

Rockrtx

I just bought a hx620 and wonder why your sata cable are in the wrong direction for bottom psu mount?

That is not the way that power supply was built for? Bottom mount?

I ad to begin at the bottom with my hard drive going up and plug my sata drive and wire will go back down to the psu....that will be much easyer from top to bottom with the "L" shape facing down or at least put and extra cable for bottom mount.

I bought that psu for cable management and quality but this is a con for cable management on bottom mount case.

Rock

I just bought a hx620 and wonder why your sata cable are in the wrong direction for bottom psu mount?

That is not the way that power supply was built for? Bottom mount?

I ad to begin at the bottom with my hard drive going up and plug my sata drive and wire will go back down to the psu....that will be much easyer from top to bottom with the "L" shape facing down or at least put and extra cable for bottom mount.

I bought that psu for cable management and quality but this is a con for cable management on bottom mount case.

Rock

ATX specifications (and therefore 99%) of computer cases have the PSU above the motherboard. Corsair just followed the standard as all other PSU cables.

I doubt you'll find inverted SATA plugs standard on any PSU.

That being said.... if you know how, you remove the crimp-on SATA plugs and invert them yourself. (If you know what you are doing...)

ATX specifications (and therefore 99%) of computer cases have the PSU above the motherboard. Corsair just followed the standard as all other PSU cables.

I doubt you'll find inverted SATA plugs standard on any PSU.

That being said.... if you know how, you remove the crimp-on SATA plugs and invert them yourself. (If you know what you are doing...)

Well 99% seem a bit high to my eye since more new case these day have psu at the bottom.

My pc power & cooling 510 sli was in the same case with sata "L" face down.

About the crimp sata plug do i just switch side or do i have to switch wire on the right crimp slot?

Or just turn the cable 180 degrees :)

Yes i did that the first time but you finish with the wire up the case and got to mount on bottom to psu,it is working but can pass cable behind the motherboard.cable management not so good.

Then i install cable up to down,i was able to twist the last one and pass behind motherboard tray and to the psu.

It will be so much easyer with the crimp SATA connector "L" face down.

Nobody as done this mod?

Well 99% seem a bit high to my eye since more new case these day have psu at the bottom.

My pc power & cooling 510 sli was in the same case with sata "L" face down.

About the crimp sata plug do i just switch side or do i have to switch wire on the right crimp slot?

Actually, the number is more like 99.99%. Don't forget most computers sold are OEM. The PSU on the bottom are limited to a few dozen cases vs the thousand of other ATX cases. Even if the new cases have the bottom mount PSU, the ATX specification calls for the PSU on top so the specs are followed.

Thank but your answer did not help me even if i don't agree with your 99.99% number.I never saw a corsair psu or should i say modular psu in a oem computer.

Still got the same problem with my cable and dint have this problem with my other psu.

Archived