Corsair Community

What Corsair ram would i need?

Mr.X

Hi, i have a dell 4600 and i want to upgrade my ram to Corsair. On the dell tech page it tells me my ram is: Memory Architecture Dual Channel DDR SDRAM Memory connectors four Memory capacities 128-, 256-, 512-MB or 1-GB Minimum memory 128 MB DDR SDRAM Maximum memory 4 GB Memory type PC2700 (333-MHz) or PC3200 (400-MHz) DDR SDRAM (non-ECC) I have the pc3200 ram and i would like to try to find out exactly what is Corsair's model number for their PC3200 (400-MHz) DDR SDRAM (non-ECC) ram. I need to buy 2 -512 sticks. Thank you in advance!

Welcome to the forums, Mr.X! What model name depends on what type of memory you want! For value-priced modules (CAS2.5) you should look for: VS1GBKIT400 which is two 512Mb Value Select memory modules. For extreme performance quality memory (XMS) get TwinX1024-3200C2 which is a [i]matched[/i] pair of XMS 512Mb modules. However, for any setup, I wouldn't reccommend using old memory in conjunction with any of these modules, only replace whatever you currently have and run with 1 gigabyte of RAM. Adding/mixing memory modules/types can cause lots of errors and headache. PLUR CK

• 11 months later...
Hi. I also have a Dell 4600. I was curious about corsair memory since I've heard it was good. The problem is, I've heard problems with compatibility with Dells since Dell computers are picky with memory. [url]http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=20-145-450&depa=1[/url] I was wondering if this one would work with my 4600. You have also suggested Twinx1024-3200C2. Is it 100% compatible with the 4600? Thanks for replies.

Archived