Corsair Community

Will my RAM be warrantied if...

it burns out due to extreme heat? im not overclocking it or treating it improperly, but it is running extremely hot during a specific task; playing GTA IV. i dont kno why it does it, but whenever i play that game, i reach my hand in my case and feel my RAM and it is HOT, so hot that i cant keep my finger on it for more than a couple seconds. oddly enough, its the aluminum heat spreaders that came on the RAM that i cant touch for long, and they are there to reduce the heat!

my question is, if the heat problem that my RAM encounters while playing the game happened to burn out my RAM, would i be able to get replacement RAM from Corsair?

if it matters, i have TWINX2048-3200

thanks!

hi, thanks for the fast reply! um, i dont have an exact case temp, but i do have the MB temp during the time i am playing, and it is between 45C and 50C. when im not playing, the MB temp is 38C. i am going by the temps recorded by ASUS Probe during the times i play.

p.s. if the temps seem abnormal, keep in mind i have a very hot running Prescott.

thanks

ok, so i shouldnt worry then? i do have three case fans, all 80mm, thats the max my case holds. i have one intake in the front, an intake in the side, and an exhaust in the rear. i can definately tell the ram is hotter than my CPU, and my CPU temps during play (GTA IV ofcourse) are roughly 80C.

but i take it that i shouldnt really be worried about my RAM?

and just curious, what is the lifetime of my RAM? i read that Lifetime Warranty means the lifetime of the product (the expected lifetime), but i have no idea what the expected lifetime is.

thanks for ur help!

Archived