Corsair Community

Gigabyte GA-MA790X-DS4 Unreliable with TWIN2X4096-8500C5D

wisesmelter

Hi

I am seeking the correct BIOS settings for the above system, which freezes/hangs or crashes to reboot every 3-4 hours using the settings described below.

I am currently using the Auto / EPP settings, apart from the DRAM voltage, which I have reduced to normal+0.3=2.1V.

The EPP set the voltage to the maximum available, somewhat higher than the memory modules 2.1V standard rating, so I wound it back to 2.1V.

Suggestions please...

Best Regards

Pete

Hi Ramguy

Thanks for the reply. I have updated my system specs to include the processor details, an AMD Phenom X4 9850.

I want to change the settings because the machine DOES NOT work as it should - as I said, it is crashing or freezing every 3-4 hours! This level of reliability would have been pants 10 years ago, and it is completely unacceptable for a new build. I am surprised that you feel that this level of performance is acceptable.

I returned the first pair of DIMMs to Corsair, under an RMA, as the machine would not run with them both under any settings I could find. It would run with one particular DIMM at a low speed, but not the other. The RMA was successful, as two new DIMMS of the same spec were returned to me without comment - I presume this means the originals were found to be faulty.

So I would appreciate your comments.

Best Regards

Wisesmelter

Archived