Corsair Community

best set up for my desktop

i'm new at here and i need some help.i start to over my pc, for fun or interest and to take total advantages for my pc,but it got unstable.i'm just know basic settings about and i need your help to get it. this is a professional pc, this is not for games, beacause i don't have time:[pouts: please tell me how to take it at full potential.it comes with 16oomhz of frequency but when i use xmp profile and increase the bclq frequency to 155 the frequency goes down.can you explain me how to get the potential of 16oomhz.is better to have cpu clock at 3.2 and lower mem frequency or the inverse?like stock 2.67 and 1600mhz in mem.hope for reply soon...

thanks

best regards

You have six modules. Two kits of 3 modules populate both sets of slots. The kits you purchased are 1600Mhz and are tested out at 1600Mhz in a kit as they are sold. Do not expect to make 1600 Mhz with an all six module population. This is very dependent on the CPU Memory Controller (IMC) and many find they can not reach the full speed of the memory when they populate all six slots.

You need to understand this before any work with overclocking is done.

Download CPU-z from

Download Realtemp from

Please post screenshots of CPU-z's CPU, Memory and SPD tabs as well as a screenshot of RealTemp.

i'm new at here and i need some help.i start to over my pc, for fun or interest and to take total advantages for my pc,but it got unstable.i'm just know basic settings about and i need your help to get it. this is a professional pc, this is not for games, beacause i don't have time:[pouts: please tell me how to take it at full potential.it comes with 16oomhz of frequency but when i use xmp profile and increase the bclq frequency to 155 the frequency goes down.can you explain me how to get the potential of 16oomhz.is better to have cpu clock at 3.2 and lower mem frequency or the inverse?like stock 2.67 and 1600mhz in mem.hope for reply soon...

thanks

best regards

thanks for the reply.i already made some changes to this and have those programs.i try to learn by reading the foruns and try to understand more than i did. i already read many threads of this and other foruns.i have thirst of learning :D: what do you think about this?i already run memtest and seems to works fine.i have an attachment down here.it is in xmp profile in bios.please give me your feedback.

thanks

best regards

cpuzmemory.thumb.jpg.4b2d6ff8681b860e37ddc82b06421c7f.jpg

You've got it running as fast as an Extreme 965 so it's no slouch.

thanks for the reply.i already made some changes to this and have those programs.i try to learn by reading the foruns and try to understand more than i did. i already read many threads of this and other foruns.i have thirst of learning :D: what do you think about this?i already run memtest and seems to works fine.i have an attachment down here.it is in xmp profile in bios.please give me your feedback.

thanks

best regards

i need your help again. :( it is the third time when is going to start boot an error ocurs.it says cpu fan error.what can be this?i have a shythe zipang and when i open the case the cpu fan is working... :(:

I gave you a link to a site where you can get all the help you will need.

Check this site out:

http://www.overclock.net

It is setup for the newbie and it is a VERY busy overclocking site.[/Quote]

Enter your BIOS. Go to the power settings and set the CPU fan to Ignore if you have an aftermarket CPU cooler. The cooler you have does not have the extra (Fourth) pin for thermal communication and so you must disable the BIOS setting for the CPU fan.

Archived