Corsair Community

Proper mounting of CMPSU-450VX

bornconfuzd

Hi All,

I'm in the process of putting a list of parts together for my first build. Everything I've picked out so far is in my System Specs.

The case I've picked out bottom mounts the PSU.

Can anyone tell me if the CORSAIR CMPSU-450VX can, should or should not be bottom mounted, meaning of course, it would have to be mounted upside down?

I suppose any of the Corsair PSUs would have to be mounted upside down in such a case.

Appreciate any and all feedback!

Thanks,

Larry

• Corsair Employees
As long as the PSU does not sit flush against the bottom of the case, I would mount it with the fan facing down. There just needs to be enough room for air to get under the PSU, so that the fan can pull it up and through the PSU.

Hi Ram Guy,

So, are you saying I should NOT install it upside down?

The problem I face is trying to find the answer to this problem before purchasing, as I really have no idea if this particular case allows for a space under the PSU.

Hmm, well I was hoping there might be someone out there who had installed a Corsair PSU in a bottom mount case and could give me some first hand guidance.

Anyway, thank you for your response! :biggrin:

Larry

Ok, I'm embarrassed!

First, I found several threads, (one on this forum), that attempted to answer the same question I'm asking. I DID search before I posted that question, but a bit of tweaking on the search terms brought better results from Google.

Second, I went back and looked at the photos of the Antec P183, and the P180 and 182. THERE IS A SMALL PLATFORM FOR THE THE PSU TO SIT ON! It obviously raises the PSU off the floor of the case by a good half inch, maybe more!

Sorry 'bout that!

Thanks again Ram Guy, for taking the time to answer my question!

Larry

• Corsair Employees
No problem at all, and BTW you can install the PSU upside down if you like, that should not be a problem at all. Although you will have a little less slack on your cables that way, and also if you have the fan facing up, just be careful that no screws or anything drop into the PSU while working on the system.

Archived