Corsair Community

P4C800E Deluxe and TWINX1024-3200LLPRO

Pyric

I have a question about my compatability for ram with this board. First off the ram isn't on the QVL but I have it and I'd like to use it now that I've already bought it. Computer setup: Just incase anyone needs it. ASUS P4C800E Deluxe Mobo Intel Pentium 4 3.2c Ghz Processor Corsair TWINX1024-3200LLPRO 2 x Samsung 160 GIG S-ATA drives, running raid 0 array. ASUS Radeon 9800XT Now I'll be posting this and talking with asus about this but I want to cover all bases so I'm checking with the ram too. This is my first personally build computer. I really hadn't checked the ram before buying it. I'm using it with this board that isn't on the QVL. I had the ram running at 2-3-2-6. Recently I had a bad startup and the computer now runs it at 2.5-3-2-6. I realize there is little difference between 2.0 and 2.5 but I expect it to run at 2.0. I've tried to set the frequencies myself but the computer won't boot, complaining of "bad cpu overclocking". I can't overclock anything on this board currently. I think that's an issue I should bring up with ASUS; however, like I mentioned I'm trying to cover all the bases. I wonder if there's a different set of frequencies I should be running? Or if there's a way to get the computer to detect and set the ram on 2-3-2-6 again? I will be helpful for any input that can be given about my problem. Thanks.

• Corsair Employees
I would suggest that you update the bios flash utility and flash the bios to the latest version if you have not done so. In addition, I would test the modules one at a time with the Dim Voltage set to 2.75 Volts and set the timings manually to Cass 2-2-3-6 with the Rass to Cass set to "3". The please test them with [url]www.memtest86.com[/url]. Please also disable legacy USB when running Memtest86, please let me know, as we will be happy to replace the modules if needed!

• 4 weeks later...
Well I'm finally getting back to this. I hadn't realized and it was right. My bios was trying to set the timmings in the wrong order. It was setting them in 2/3/2/6 when they needed to be set in 2/2/3/6 fixed it and the computer posts, I've still got a few memory errors but I need to analyize them. Not sure if that's the ram or something else, however the ram is currently running correctly now @ 2 3 2 6 at 2.75v Thanks a lot, I'll get back on the rest of the memory errors if I encounter them.

Well set all the timings correctly and set the usb correctly. I tested both sticks individually and I found the following errors on one stick. Test 3:537 errors. Test 4:1420 errors. Test 5:540 errors. Test 6:70 errors. I'm really unsure which each of these tests errors represent. I'm assuming there's something wrong with this stick any advice?

Would it be easier to send to you guys or to try and deal with Newegg.com to get the product rma'd? Had them over a month. And Will I need to be sending both sticks for the set or just the faulty stick? Edit: Well I read neweggs policy and it's been a bit long for a return. I think it would be easier to send to back to you guys at corsair, if that's acceptable? If so what do you recommend for shipping it in? I sadly didn't save the stock box.

Archived