Corsair Community

CMPSU-750TX 750W ATX12V question

jonny1

I just got this power supply and it started the pc but the monitor didn't work and the green light on the front of my case didn't work. Did I get the wrong power supply?

I have Asus P5K-V motherboard, Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 Wolfdale 3.16GHz 6MB L2 Cache LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor,CoRSAIR 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500). The only thing different from this power supply and the old one is the little 4 pin plug that I think it's the ATX 12v and on this CMPSU-750TX 750W there is no such plug. Did I get the wrong power supply or is there a different plug to use? Also when I first started the pc it started and then rebooted again and then stayed on. Is that normal?

• Corsair Employees
The TX750 has an 8-pin cable which splits in half to provide a 4-pin cable for systems that do not support the 8-pin. You will need to plug in either the 4-pin or the full 8-pin (depending on the board) for the system to operate properly.

The TX750 has an 8-pin cable which splits in half to provide a 4-pin cable for systems that do not support the 8-pin. You will need to plug in either the 4-pin or the full 8-pin (depending on the board) for the system to operate properly.

LOL, I went to newegg and read the specifications and stuff there and saw where it said about that 8-pin that splits to 4. I looked at the cables again and I did find it. I just installed the power supply now and it works great. I do have a question, when I first powered it on, it started then rebooted, and then it stayed on, is that normal or was it because I was just checking the power and had no hardware plugged in yet, like the monitor?

Thanks for your help

• Corsair Employees
Some boards will do a quick self test and things will appear to boot up for a few seconds, then power down and then complete a full boot. Sounds like everything is up and running, let us know if you have any more problems!

Some boards will do a quick self test and things will appear to boot up for a few seconds, then power down and then complete a full boot. Sounds like everything is up and running, let us know if you have any more problems!

Okay thanks.

Archived