Corsair Community

TWIN2X4096-8500C5D issue

sthdl

I had just installed this ram into a once stable system and it started crashing. I ran memtest86 for an hour and got like 114 errors. I moved the 2 sticks of ram to the other set of slots in the MB and ran memtest86 once again for 20 minutes and got another 29 errors.

My ram is running @ 2.1v

actual memory (ddr) 667

cas 5

tRas 5

tRp 5

tRAS 5

Command per clock 1t

tRRD 3

tRC 15

tWR 5

tWTR 9

tREF 7.8uS

any ideas if something isn't set right? The only ram setting that I've changed was the Voltage. Is this ram bad or one of my settings off?

Thanks in advance

no i didn't. I actually installed them under the same settings as the corsair 2 x 1gb corsair kit that had previously had installed. It was a ddr2 1066 kit also. I'll change that setting and run memtest86 again and report back in about an hour or so.

• Corsair Employees
The memory IC's are different and so that means the are totally different modules and any time you make a hard ware change you should load setup defaults then set the tested settings but if you still get errors I would test them one module at a time and with some MB's you may have to move them to the other two slots

• Corsair Employees

NP Please let me know how you make out!

Command Rate is not really a memory setting and would be dependent on the make and model of MB and PSU and the specific CPU you have installed. You might look this/those setting /'s up on the BIOS Optimization Guide at Techarp and get a better explanation.

Archived