Corsair Community

850TX rma - Corsair or retailer?

seward

My recently-purchased Corsair power supply appears to have gone south, and I was wondering: should I RMA it through the retailer (NewEgg), or through Corsair? Do I void any warranties by going through NewEgg, or anything like that? Thanks for any help!

P.S. Here's the specific issue: I got an 850tx a little over a month ago, for a new rig. The rig includes an Intel q9650, oc'd to 3.9ghz. A couple of weeks later, I got a 285 GTX card, slightly overclocked. Last week, my rig began shutting down completely during games; red LEDs on the card indicated a power issue. I downclocked everything, and it happened again - shut down, red lights, and just at desktop, no games or load. I called evga, and the fellow said that it appeared to be a power issue. So I threw an Antec Truepower 650w in there, and darned if she hasn't been running like a charm since. HOWEVER, I would much rather have a 850TX in there than that Antec, though I know it's giving it its all. I wouldn't be surprised to find that bad electrical wiring in my apt. contributed to the 850tx's demise.

Archived