Corsair Community

Flash Voyager 8GB

fusewire

Hi

I have a Flash Voyager 8GB, it is fine on my laptop (which runs Vista), it is fine on my desktop at work (which runs XP Pro), but my desktop at home (running XP Home) will not recognise the drive.

It is a great little drive put it is really causing me a problem at home as I can't transfer files from my laptop to my desktop at home or work on my files at home on the desktop.

Can anyone advise as to how I might be able to get the desktop running XP home SP3 to recognise the drive ?

• Corsair Employees

With the drive inserted go to device manager then remove that listing with the exclamation mark, then remove the drive and you will have to disconnect all USB devices then in Device manager remove everything listed in USB Controllers.

Then restart the system this will reinstall the USB mass storage drivers and then connect the Flash Voyager and see if it detected properly.

• 1 month later...

Filled in the online RMA, got an email from the RMA team asking me to send my flash drive to the Netherlands !!! :eek:

As I live in the UK this means it will cost me more to return the drive than it will to just buy another drive locally. :roll:

I have mailed the RMA team but they don't seem to care that it is going to cost me more to ship it back to them than it will to just go and buy another drive.

This is my first experience with Corsair and I have to say it has been a very dissapointing one. :(: What is the point of a warranty that costs more to use than buying a replacement myself.

Life is short and I am a busy man, I am going to buy another flash drive instead to replace the Corsair drive that is not working properly...:mad:

I will have to chalk up the lost money and faulty drive to experience ;):

I cetainly won't be buying Corsair again - they promise a lot but in my case they have failed to deliver. :p:

Archived