Corsair Community

Buzzing noise on 750TX while on UPS Battery Power

TheBR

I think the thread title says it all, but I picked up a Power Sentry UPS rated at 850 VA for a little bit of cash.

Now, whenever I run it on battery power or its test mode, the PSU (Not the UPS) starts buzzing. When switched back to normal AC power, the buzzing stops.

Is this in any way harmful to my PSU and should I refrain from using the UPS? For the record, the system operates fine while running on battery power.

Thanks for the help!

• Corsair Employee
The noise would not indicate any functionality issue with the UPS or the PSU, and there will be no risk of damaging anything. Some battery backups which do not use a true sine wave (sounds like yours could be a simulated sine wave) can cause a mild buzzing noise, but it is nothing to worry about.

The noise would not indicate any functionality issue with the UPS or the PSU, and there will be no risk of damaging anything. Some battery backups which do not use a true sine wave (sounds like yours could be a simulated sine wave) can cause a mild buzzing noise, but it is nothing to worry about.

Okay sounds great.

Is it also okay that this happens if the computer is powered off (PSU is still on, and LED is on on my Mobo) and not running?

Archived