Corsair Community

Twin2X4096 8500C5DF / MSI K9A2 Plat v 1.x

purkle

• Corsair Employees
Just make sure that you have the latest MB BIOS version then load setup defaults and set the memory frequency to DDR1066 and set the memory Voltage to 2.1 Volts and set the memory timings manually to Cas 5-5-5-15 2t Command Rate should be all you have to do. or if you have the Setting Called SLI ready Memory just enable it.

Just make sure that you have the latest MB BIOS version then load setup defaults and set the memory frequency to DDR1066 and set the memory Voltage to 2.1 Volts and set the memory timings manually to Cas 5-5-5-15 2t Command Rate should be all you have to do. or if you have the Setting Called SLI ready Memory just enable it.

Alright, i have the latest bios 1.7 from MSI..

I set the frequency to 1066, manually change the timings to;

CAS-5

TRCD-5

TRP-5

TRAS-15

2T

Memory voltage to 2.10

Reboot and the system fails to post, i hafto reset the Cmos each time i manually set the timings or i get nothing at all.

Are you sure that is the latest BIOS it may be a BETA version that is needed.

And have you tested the modules one at a time to be sure one is not failing?

1.7 Is the latest beta bios from MSI, i had to flash it via USB heh..

I have not ran Memtest on any of them, i suppose i should do that then, i will run Memtest and then post my results..

setting the bios to 1:2.66 displays the ram to run at 1066, i reboot and the computer Locks up loading XP64

This is with the voltage to 2.10

and the timings set to Auto.

When i have the timings set maually, voltage to 2.10 my system doesnt even post.

When i have the settings entered in, voltage 2.10, and the frequency set to 1066 it also does not post.

All in all, its either 800Mhz or No post.. Any help ?

Problem Solved!

SO i got word that some of the MSI motherboards have issues with ram slots.

Before i had my two modules in slots 3/4 running duel channel...

They told me that some of their boards have issues getting to 1066 when they are in slot 3/4 or 2/4 depending on what version of K9a2 you have

So i put the sticks into Slots 1/2 and changed the frequency to 1:2.66, and the voltage to 2.10 .. Everything works Fine now! :biggrin:

Archived