Corsair Community

Did I get a bad PSU?

Ashhong

Hi guys, new user here looking for some help after installing a Corsair PSU.

So I had first had a Raidmax RX-600F with my new build and everything was fine. however people told me how bad they are and it has a high potential of failing, so I got the Corsair.

Just installed the Corsair and things are different. My CPU fan is constantly going up and down during simple tasks like webbrowsing and my GPU is running at about 7-8 degrees higher.

I also have 2 exhaust fans in the back wired together and connected to my mobo, 1 intake fan on the side with 7v mod, and 1 exhaust on top with 7v mod, more coming later. The CPU fan is set to standard profile in my mobo under Q-FAN.

The top fan was also just added with the PSU. only other difference is that the Corsair didnt come with 2 PCI-E 6pins, so I had to use this 2-molex to pci-e pin that came with my GPU, which really only has 5 pins (normal?).

thanks for any help. im thinking maybe i should upgrade the psu? found a 550w corsair with 2 pci-e connectors for only about $20 more, but would like some tips as well, thanks.

alrighty, bios up to date, and reset my bios so no more OC proc and gpu. however i left the standard fan control profile on as i want to be able to use that, and still the same. going to try putting back my old psu and see how it sounds, but if everythings good with that PSU, bad corsair?

thanks for any help. im thinking maybe i should upgrade the psu? found a 550w corsair with 2 pci-e connectors for only about $20 more, but would like some tips as well, thanks.

The VX450 has enough power but, I am paranoid about using adapters with a card like your GPU. If it was my system, I'd go with the VX-550 or HX-520 so that you can use the proper connectors with no adapter.

The VX450 has enough power but, I am paranoid about using adapters with a card like your GPU. If it was my system, I'd go with the VX-550 or HX-520 so that you can use the proper connectors with no adapter.

i was feeling the same way and decided to order the 550vx. i figured 60 bucks was worth it. adapters suck. hopefully that fixes these issues, if they are even issues in the first place :D:

Archived