Corsair Community

XFX nForce 750a MOBO & TWIN2X2048-6400

voodooutt

Hello,

I am having problems with the XFX nForce 750a SLI mobo and 4GB TWIN2X2048-6400

I set timings in BIOS at the recommended 5-5-5-12 as stated on the memory itself.

No errors in Memtest, and something I find odd in memtest, states the RAM is at 497MHZ (DDR995) but it IS set at 400mhz (DDR 800) in the BIOS... is this normal?

I have been running these exact sticks of memory in an ASUS M2N-SLI Deluxe for 1+ years, with not problems at all.

Are there recommended settings for these sticks of memory for the XFX mobo?

Problems are as listed:

Kept getting stuck on the first "windows XP loading screen", it would freeze. After this, I manually set the timings to 5-5-5-12, stock voltage and now, at least i can get by the boot screen, but when my desktop is loading, BSOD.

I have tried fresh install of windows, but always gets stuck on the "preparing to load windows", after copying from CD the first time. Similar install problem with Vista 64, gets stuck on install *** OR I get to loading windows XP/Vista 64 - and always BSOD's at some point in the install.

Are these sticks just not compatible with this board?

I sent a ticket to XFX's help desk, and their response was to contact Corsair on the recommended timings / voltages, and if the RAM is compatible with the mobo.

• Corsair Employees
No errors in Memtest, and something I find odd in memtest, states the RAM is at 497MHZ (DDR995) but it IS set at 400mhz (DDR 800) in the BIOS... is this normal?

Make sure that you have the latest BIOS then load setup defaults and set the CPU and memory frequency manually that should correct that. But it happens with CPU's that have odd multipliers. And I would set the tested settings manually IE 1.9 Volts Cas 5-5-5-12 at 2T Command Rate.

Archived