Corsair Community

aperage rating on HX-1000 Modular connects

overclocker333

I would like to know what the modular connector pins are rated for... per pin on the modular conectors.

http://i650.photobucket.com/albums/uu226/overclocker333/HX1000w20Rail20Diagram.jpg

IE: the black & blue connectors have 6 and 8 pins respectivly... how much amperage can each one of the pins take?

• Corsair Employees

The rating for the 6-pin PCIE cable is 75 watts or 6.25 amps.

The rating for the 8-pin PCE cable is 100 watts or 8.33 amps.

The PCIE slot on your board should also provide up to 75 watts.

The rating for the 6-pin PCIE cable is 75 watts or 6.25 amps.

The rating for the 8-pin PCE cable is 100 watts or 8.33 amps.

The PCIE slot on your board should also provide up to 75 watts.

Thanks for the answer.

But... I want to know the amperage rating of each individual pin (the metal contact in the plug & socket)... not the cable. Do you mean each pin/contact is rated for 8.33 amps or or all 8 pins combined ore rated at 8.33 amps?

On the 8 pin EPS 12 volt cable there are 8 pins in the connectors... 4 (+12) volt pins & 4 ground pins. I want to know how much amperage each individual pin/contact can take... not the wire, not the cable... just each individual pin/contact.

• Corsair Employees
I guess to put it another way:

If I take the end connector off of the EPS 12 volt cable I would have 8 wires. If I use two of those wires (one ground and one +12 volt) to power a device... how many amps can that device safely draw?

Each ground+12v pair would support about 25 watts, which would be a shade over 2 amps per pair.

Sorry, I thought you were talking about PCIE connectors ;):

Archived