Corsair Community

2 pairs of TWIN2X4096-8500C5D?

eaglenv

Hello all! New to the forum and I look forward to all your gr8 knowledge. I just built my new system 3 days ago and I have some ?'s about my RAM. I've been reading ALOT about the issues with the RAM that I bought and wanted to share whats going on with my system and hopefully get some answers. I think my system specs will show on the thread so I wont put them in. Everything went smooth as butter with the building of the system, fired it up for the 1st time and the LCD Poster said errormsg after the DET IDE. No video. So I cleared CMOS and removed the battery for awhile... HELLO!! BIOS SETTINGS:biggrin: 1st thing I did was memtest 86+ each individual stick (4passes each) at 800mhz and then 1066 mhz. Then all four sticks at 1066 mhz (5 passes).....ALL with no errors. Leaving the setting @ 1066 mhz I then proceded to install vista. Got to the install progress screen and 20% into the "expanding files" section.....BSOD! Tried that 5 times..same outcome each time. So I reset the BIOS to default and with the clock speed @ 800 mhz I proceded to try the install again. This time everything went smoothly and windows was installed. I then changed the setting back to 1066 mhz and recieved the BSOD a few times at startup. What my ?'s are: Is this an issue with the AMD processors? Since I had no errors on ALL my memtests is it likely I wont have to worry about my RAM? Do you think my motherboard is ok with the symptoms i've described? Should I keep running @ 1066 mhz and see how the system reacts or just put it @ 800 mhz and leave it? Hope you guys have some input to ease my mind. I know I only have so much time to RMA these things. Thanks guys...lok forward to your response and genius:biggrin:

fatalheadache ty for your response........I wanted to update you all and let you know what happened. Shortly after I posted my thread I shutdown my computer and went to turn it back on and got NOTHING:eek: The LED's were on but no fans.....zilch. I noticed when I pushed the power button the fans would twitch a little and then nothing. So I figured I had a bad power supply and maybe this was my problem. So I went down and exchanged my Corsair 1000W for a new one and (just in case) picked up a Asus M3N-HT for testing and possible replacement. I got home, put in the new power supply and NOTHING. So I then took out the Crosshair II and put in the M3N-HT - turned it on and it fired right up. I wanted to see if it would react the same as the Crosshair II so I set my RAM to 1066 mhz and proceded to install windows......I didnt get one BSOD on install and it has been running without a hiccup since. So looks like I had a bad motherboard eh? Im going to RMA the Crosshair II and hope to get a good board back.

Archived