Corsair Community

Are all the HydroCool units on the market the EX version?

Clevor

Newegg now has them in stock but the pics look to be the old version. I presume it's the EX? I've been waiting for them to get it in stock so I can RMA, as Corsair won't ship the replacement to FPO AP. The s/n on my old HC200 has no alphabetical suffix, and the CPU block looks to be dated 7-03.

Clevor, It is hard to say who still has the original HC and who is now carrying the HC EX. They could list the HC EX on their web sites using the original HC pictures. Before purchasing ... inquire about the version they carry. Remember the Syms commercial? "An educated consumer is our best customer." Stev

Hmmm, but your block is probably lapped and polished, correct? It's possible they had some old blocks they reworked. My block is dated 7-03 but I can see errant swirl marks on the bottom, and there is no mirror finish. I know, I've seen the new block kit here in Japan and the bottom of my block is not as nice. Plus my s/n does not have any alphabetical suffix. As always, Newegg was accomodating. They said just apply for another RMA number and send it back if I want.

Archived