Corsair Community

Underclocking voltage for i7?- TW3X4G1600C9DHX

sux9000

I have a system built around the extremely quirky ASUS striker ii nse. Recently the motherboard has pretty much packed up and maybe taken my processor with it.

Anyway I am considering upgrading to an i7 system, and I'm wondering if I can use my TW3X4G1600C9DHX ram in that system by underclocking the standard 1.8v to 1.6... Would this slow things down considerably?

It would be a suitable set of memory until you could get a 3x kit if budget is a concern. But, you may have to run it at 1333 as I doubt it will do 1600 at the 1.65v i7 voltage limit. Even in dual channel, i7 is not bad but obviously triple is better.

• 1 month later...
I have a system built around the extremely quirky ASUS striker ii nse. Recently the motherboard has pretty much packed up and maybe taken my processor with it.

Anyway I am considering upgrading to an i7 system, and I'm wondering if I can use my TW3X4G1600C9DHX ram in that system by underclocking the standard 1.8v to 1.6... Would this slow things down considerably?

OT: What did you have to do to get the 1600 ram to work in the 1333 Striker II NSE? Or did it work out of the box (on auto)?

Archived