Corsair Community

8GB Voyager does not work with Samsung LE37B653 TV

darius_m

Hi all,

recently i bought new Samsung 650 series TV with usb movie function. I was using it with Corsair Flash Voyager 8GB to watch movies and it worked fine for about a week however the TV suddenly stopped recognising Corsair. When i plug it in it's blue light does not blink anymore and the TV does not recognise that Corsair is plugged in. With PC everything is fine, the Corsair is recognised. I tried other USB flash drive - it's recognised by the TV. So i was wondering whether it's a problem with a TV or with the flash drive, maybe anyone has similar problems?

Btw something similar has happened with my samsung dvd player DVD-P380 some months earlier - when i first put the same Corsair Flash Voyager it got recognised by the DVD player, but the second time i plugged it - no blue light and no recognision. Maybe Corsair and Samsung just don't go together :)

• Corsair Employees
Most of these devices will not be able to use a USB Device with a USB Hub and most of our flash drives are made with a Hub based controller to enhance their performance. So please check that it will be able to work with a USB hub, if it will not that is the reason.

Thank you for the reply, I believe that would be the case however it's strange everything worked flawlessly for about a week...

Is there any way to tell whether certain USB flash drive is made with Hub based controller? I might consider buying new one, but I want to be sure that the new one will be without USB Hub...

Thanks for your support.

Archived