Corsair Community

Twinx2048-3200c2pt

wireguy

I recently bought two sets of TWINX2048-3200C2PT to help my computers performance. I made sure it was compatible with my application, I have Asus A8V-E SE mother board and a AMD 64 3700+ cpu. I installed the ram and my board wouldnt boot up. I contacted Asus and talked with tech who was very knowledgeable with my board, after a half hour and multiple configurations he determind that the memory was bad or that my cpu was not good enough run the memory. I could really use some help figuring this out. Thanks

Test one stick at a time in each slot using Memtest86+ v2.11. What timings / voltage is your memory currently set to?

Try these settings:

CAS Latency (tCL): 2

RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 3

Row Precharge (tRP): 3

Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS): 6

Command Rate: 2T

Memory Voltage: 2.7-2.8 Volts (Warrantied up to, but not over, 2.90 volts)

All other settings to defaults.

• 2 weeks later...
Well I took each stick individually and put them in the slot for single channel and tried booting up my computer. Only one stick out of each set would boot, when I tried with the other two after I put power to my machine it would not boot the motherboared the screen would stay blank and my computer would beep every 5 seconds. After I established which sticks would boot I put in 1 working stick in , entered my bios and made the changes to my ram configuration as instructed then I put the other working stick in dual channel configuration and the computer works fine. So this leaves me to belive that the other sticks are bad. I do need instuction on which memtest files to download and run. Since my computer wont boot with either of the non working sticks in it I dont see how I will be able to test them.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived