Corsair Community

Corsair XMS2 and ASUS MB problem

Hormath

Hi.

I'm currently repairing my friends computer and bought a new motherboard, CPU and RAM which is the Corsair XMS2 Xtreme Performance TwinX Matched 2 GB ( 2 x 1 GB ) DIMM 240-pin DDR2 800 MHz / PC2-6400 CL5 1.9 V TWIN2X2048-6400. The motherboard is an ASUS P5QL Pro.

Well, I just started installing it all, and came to the conclusion that it wound't even post. The power was running, but POST didn't start and no beep codes. I tried to put in my own RAM from my own computer from another company and it worked fine. I also tried putting the Corsair RAM in my own computer, also making my computer unable to POST and even beep. So it must be the RAM.

Now, the MB support list doesn't include these Corsair RAM, but hey, they can't really test all the worlds RAM can they? And I must say that these RAM are quite common in specs and voltage and the MB should technically seen support those specifications.

I tried the FAQ's, searching the internet for similar problems, investigating no POST problems... No good.

My friends hardware is:

Intel Pentium E5400, Dual-core

ASUS P5Ql Pro

Corsair XMS2 Xtreme Performance TwinX Matched 2GB (as mentioned)

My thought is that the RAM is defective from the start, but what is your idea?

Archived