Corsair Community

New ram not working?

BrianH

I'm trying to install two new cmx 512's in my computer and when I boot turn it on it will not boot up. The ram I bought a few months ago is cmx512-3200c2pt the tag also says xms3202v1.2 0339010 The new ram say Cmx512-3200c2pt xms3202v3.1 0411064-3 The computer is a Dell XPS with p4 3.0 processor When I put all of the ram in the machine all it does is beep. If I put the new ram with the 2x256's the came with the computer it works fine, or if I use the new with the 2x256 is works just fine. The problem occurs when I try to use just the 4 corsair ram. Dell tells me that the machine will handle that much ram. Any help would be great. Thanks Brian

• Corsair Employees
With this chipset or most MB's the memory you use would all need to match. And you have 2 different revisions that you are trying to Mix. The solution would either be to send the older modules in for RMA and we will likely send a newer revision that would be a closer match. Or see if the reseller will let you match what you have now. In addition, I have always suggested that one should purchase the memory they intend to use as upgrading can be tricky at best!

Archived