Corsair Community

TW3X2G1600C9DHX and P5E3 to 1600Mhz

rootsprod

Hi,

i have 4 memory module of cm3x160c9dhx on a asus P5E3, my problem is simply, impossible to put my Corsair memory to 1600Mhz, i have a E8400 overcloked to 4Ghz 9*444 (1.5v) and lot of very good fan in my tower, NOCTUA NF12, ZALMAN, etc....(Core 28°, MT 26°)

When i want put my RAM to 1600MHZ for just boot, i must up my memory to 2.0V!!!! Whit classical CAS 9.9.9.24, in the documentation is 1.8V for 1600Mhz, i don't now how?????

I arrived to do a OC test for one hours and it s ok with 2.0 V RAM (FSB STRAP 200mHz), but when i try a 3DMARK VANTAGE, my PC turn off on 5/6 minutes. My graphique card isn t overclokerd, and i have no problem with this test when my memory module are to 1000 Mhz.

So if you have a solution!!! Sorry for my bad english...

Sorry for the time to answer, holliday time:sunglasse, thanks for the reply, i try but there s the same thing whit only 2 stick, OCCT et EVEREST are no problem with all overcloking stability test, but when i try 2 loops of FUTURMARK, the computer stop, screen don t move and mouse no light, i must reboot, i put my memory voltage to Auto, but under windows vista, do you know the soft who can give the real memory voltage?

If it s a problem with the Graphic card configuration, do you know a solution, may be the PCIE frequency or an ooption like PEG link or over?

Hi,

Actually I wanted to open a new thread for my problem, but it seems to be another person facing approximately the same issue.

I have TW3X4G1600C9DHX 4GB Kit (2 x 2GB) 9-9-9-24-2T 1.8 volt (CM3X160C9DHX). I'm using Windows Vista Ultimate x64 SP1 and running the RAM @ 1333MHz (1.6 volt). The latency would be 9-9-9-25-1T. Whenever I try to clock it (manually) to 1600Mhz with 1.8 volt (manually) and change the latency to 9-9-9-24-2T (manually), the system will boot but will last for about 10-15 minutes before it crashes with a BLUE Screen (keyword which I can recall: memory dumping). Why does this happen? There is no use of purchasing this module if I can't make it to run @ the actual speed.

Please Advise. Thanks.

Why does this happen? There is no use of purchasing this module if I can't make it to run @ the actual speed.

You are NOT running the kits (2 Modules) at actual speed. The only memory Corsair supports in a four DRAM slot population is their Quad kits. This does not mean two dual kits or even worse two dual kits of different versions or different manufacturers will not work together, just that you have no recourse to RMA Corsair if they do not work together. If there are problems with the Corsair DRAM modules, they are still supported via lifetime warranty, but that is for physical defects and errors in a two stick kit mode. Matched Quad sets are highly binned modules for a four slot population. The Dual sets are tested as a kit, not a Quad and warranted as a dual kit, not a Quad setup. You need to Memtest them as Kits (2 modules, not as a four DRAM slot population). If they fail as a kit or singly, then you have RMA. Keep in mind that there is no support for mixing and matching different versions of DRAM either since different version are of different fabrications and/or manufacturers. They might work, they might not work, but you have no support if they do not work. Thus you are advised to buy all the DRAM at the same time and in this way be more assured of getting the same versions. It is advised that if you buy online, you are sure to specify same versions of the modules.

You are advised to drop the bandwidth to 1333Mhz and raise the NB Voltage +.1v (for your X38/X48 board).

You are advised to drop the bandwidth to 1333Mhz and raise the NB Voltage +.1v (for your X38/X48 board).

Thanks for your valuable advise. Just for your information, I'm using Gigabyte GA-MA790FXT-UD5P motherboard with AMD Phenom II 810. I just don't get your point when you said that I should run the RAMs in Quad mode. Are you trying to say that, unless I fill up all the DIMM slot (making it 8GB of RAM), I won't be able to get the 1600Mhz speed? I didn't use any different RAM modules currently. Also, can you explain me what is the purpose of increasing the NB voltage to +.1v (if it is applicable to my motherboard).

*PS: I'm having a TW3X4G1600C9DHX 4GB Kit (2 x 2GB) 9-9-9-24-2T 1.8 volt (CM3X160C9DHX) NOT 8GB Kit (4 x 2GB)

Please Advise.

For me it's the seem module! The seem serial and buy together ! cm3x160c9dhx

I just get 1335 at 2.06 V for no problem!!!!!!! I think that s not good for the RAM, FSB STRAP 266, when i don't overclok my computer, stay to 3GHZ, it s the seem problem, i can't get 1600Mhz with default voltage, and i try all voltage with only 2 module!

Have you a copy on a P5E3 bios configuration with all option? Like this screenshot (it's just an exemple, it's not my actually selected option)

Ps : Latest Bios

http://rootsprod.free.fr/divers/800.jpg

I just get 1335 at 2.06 V for no problem!!!!!!!

Its 0.26 volts higher than the original value which is 1.8 volts. I'm also running it at 1333MHz but with 1.6 volts and its stable. Maybe different motherboard different requirements.

ok,but when they say that we can get 1600 Mhz at 1.8v and that the computeur do not boot, you must understand that there a problem and if my ram at 2.1 at 1335Mhz was burned i have no regrets to lie for have a the warranty, or give me the solution or for beginning you can just try!!!!:confused:

• Corsair Employees
The settings you posted showed the CPU FSB was 2000 MHz, so what are the exact settings you have set for both CPU and memory and I am sorry but what exactly is the problem there is not enough information in your posts to help you.

Thank for your reply, i no the only one tro have the problem, if you can find the solution, many people will be happy, i put all data here :

Bios P5E3 /X38 :

Ai Overclock Tuner Manual

CPU Ratio Control Manual

CPU Ratio Setting 9

FSB Strap to North Bridge 266

FSB Frequency 444

PCIE Frequency 100

DRAM Frequency DDR-1335

DRAM Command Rate 2T

DRAM Timing Control Manual

DRAM Timings

CAS# Latency 9 DRAM Clocks

RAS# to CAS# Delay 9 DRAM Clocks

RAS# PRE Time 9 DRAM Clocks

RAS# ACT Time 24 DRAM Clocks

RAS# to RAS# Delay Auto

REF Cycle Time Auto

WRITE Recovery Time Auto

READ to PRE Time Auto

READ to WRITE Delay(S/D) Auto

WRITE to READ Delay(S) Auto

READ to READ Delay(S) Auto

READ to READ Delay(D) Auto

WRITE to WRITE Delay(S) Auto

WRITE to WRITE Delay(D) Auto

DRAM Static Read Control Disabled

DRAM Dynamic Write Control Disabled

Ai Clock Twister Strong

Ai Clock Skew for Channel A Auto

Ai Clock Skew for Channel B Auto

Ai Transaction Booster Enabled

Boost Level 2

Voltage Settings

CPU Voltage 1.5125

CPU PLL Voltage 1.6

FSB Termination Voltage Auto

DRAM Voltage 2.1

NB Voltage Auto

SB Voltage Auto

Clock Over-Charging Voltage Auto

Load-Line Calibration Disabled

CPU GTL Voltage Reference Auto

NB GTL Voltage Reference Auto

CPU Spread Spectrum Disabled

PCIE Spread Spectrum Disabled

Temp:

Propriétés de la sonde:

Type de la sonde Winbond W83627DHG (ISA 290h)

Type de sonde GPU Diode (ATI-Diode)

Nom de la carte mère Asus P5E / P5E3

Intrusion dans le châssis détectée Non

Températures:

Carte mère 35 °C (95 °F)

Processeur 37 °C (109 °F)

CPU #1 / Coeur #1 37 °C (109 °F)

CPU #1 / Coeur #2 38 °C (107 °F)

Diode du GPU 35 °C (95 °F)

******** APEX_SSD 44 °C (111 °F)

SAMSUNG HD321KJ 24 °C (75 °F)

Ventilateurs:

Processeur 1430 RPM

Châssis #1 1623 RPM

Châssis #2 844 RPM

Valeurs de voltage:

Noyau CPU 1.49 V

+3.3 V 3.26 V

+5 V 4.94 V

+12 V 12.32 V

Mise en veille +5 V 4.95 V

Debug Info F FF EC 1A FF 32

Debug Info T 35 48 19

Debug Info V BA DC CC CC AD CE AC (03)

http://rootsprod.free.fr/divers/P1060644.JPG

• Corsair Employees

Please re-size the Image so it does not take up so much screen space.

And with 4 modules DDR1333 would be suggested and since you are over clocking it should be over clocking the memory as well what does it say under the Memory Tab in CPU-Z

I'm having a similar issue with this as well, I currently have 4GB of TW3X4G1600C9DHX (2 x 2GB) riding on a GA-MA790FXT-UD5P (latest F3L BIOS) motherboard with an AMD Phenom II 720 (2.8GHz) processor.

If I allow the mobo to autoconfig the DDR3 I get a slow timing... 1033Mhz I think. If I change this timing to 1600MHz (by manually configuring the setting in the BIOS) I get a slew of errors in memtest86+ v2.11:

(Test 8, Pass 10, 468Mhz/DDR937/CAS7-0-9, +4k MB, Good: 457b3bba vs Bad: 447b3bba)

Is this an issue with the memory itself or do I need to muck around in the BIOS further... specifically, do I need to manually set the memory timings in the BIOS to 9-9-9-24 to get the memory to work at 1600Mhz?

Do I need to modify the voltage level as well?

Please re-size the Image so it does not take up so much screen space.

And with 4 modules DDR1333 would be suggested and since you are over clocking it should be over clocking the memory as well what does it say under the Memory Tab in CPU-Z

With the seem latency and voltage the pc doesn t boot...

http://rootsprod.free.fr/divers/cpuz.jpg

have no regrets to lie for have a the warranty, or give me the solution or for beginning you can just try!!!!:confused:

You are running with all four DRAM slots populated. When you do this, you are advised to drop the speed of the memory.

As well, memory that has been overvolted shows over voltage characteristics and will void your warranty, whether you are a liar or not.

Download Memtest86+ Version 2.11 from--->

and extract the ISO image. Burn the ISO image to an CD-ROM disk.

Download CPU-z from

Shut the system down. Insert a single stick in the first slot (Closest to the CPU). Restart and enter your BIOS, load Setup Defaults, Save Setup Defaults and set to these values.

AI Tweaker
Configure System Performance Settings
Ai Overclock Tuner = Manual
    eXtreme Memory Profile = Disabled
CPU Ratio Setting = 8.5
FSB = 333
FSB Strap to Northbridge = 333
DRAM Frequency = DDR3-1333
DRAM Command Rate = 2N
DRAM Timing Control = Manual
CAS# Latency =  9
RAS# to CAS# Delay = 9
RAS# PRE Time = 9
RAS# ACT Time = 24
All Else to Auto
DRAM Static Read Control = Auto
DRAM Dynamic Write Control = Disabled

AI Clock Twister = Auto
AI Clock Skew for Channel A
AI Clock Skew for Channel B
Transaction Booster = Auto

CPU Spread Spectrum = Disabled
PCIE Spread Spectrum = Disabled

DRAM CLK Skew on Channel A = Auto
DRAM CLK Skew on Channel B = Auto

CPU Voltage = Auto
CPU PLL Voltage = Auto
FSB Termination Voltage = Auto
DRAM Voltage = 1.7v
NorthBridge Voltage = 1.25v
SouthBridge Voltage = Auto
Clock Over Charge Voltage = Auto

USB Legacy Mode = Disabled (For Memtest - Enabled Afterwards)

Shut the system down. Boot to the Memtest CD and allow for two full paasses. If Stable enter Windows and post screenshots of CPU-z's CPU, Memory and SPD tabs.

Results?

Thx for your information, i try your setting but the computer doesn t go to Windows, so for memtest it s can wait, i know this good soft.

You are running with all four DRAM slots populated. When you do this, you are advised to drop the speed of the memory.

I never understand like this! 2 or 4 module it's stay the seem specification!

Where do you see this?

As well, memory that has been overvolted shows over voltage characteristics and will void your warranty, whether you are a liar or not.

It's an other problem, but you must understand that when we pay 200€ for RAM with specific value, we wait to minimum that s works, and 1333Mhz is not an overcloked value on the paper.

• Corsair Employees
With 4 modules I would suggest setting the memory frequency at DDR1066 or DDR1333 and set the memory Voltage to 1.7-1.90 Volts and set the NB/MCH/SPP Voltage to +.05 Volts as well and test the system with http://www.memtest.org. In addition, with some MB's (Mostly ASUS) you have to disable legacy USB in the bios when running any memory test.

Archived