Corsair Community

Voyager 16 reported as full, but one 1GB used

kdkrone

I purchased the Voyager 16 a number of months ago in order to transport video files of about 5 GB each and it has done so until recently (I had an initial problem with a workstation that required that it be formatted in FAT32, so that is the present formatting).

The machine that is having problems runs Win XP SP3. As of today, the Voyager, which only has 1 Gb used of the 16 available, is read by the system as having 15 GB available, but when I tried to write a 5 GB file, I received an error message that there was not enough room. Rebooting did not help. I am out of ideas. (I should probably add that I can copy 300MB files without any problem--I haven't played to see how large a file I can copy to see what the limit is...)

Anyone have any ideas?

That is fascinating, as I have been transferring .iso files of films, each about 4.5 GB, between two computers for months and the problem has only recently developed. Now I am REALLY confused...! I know that Windows XP only addresses about 3.2 GB of memory, but how was I able to load the Voyager with 3- 4.5 GB files in the first place? But the real question remains as to why the OS suddenly no longer allows for such???

Very curious....

Thanks

KK

Can't do that. I tripped over the blue neck strap when it was in the USB slot and broke it last night. I just ordered another one from newegg. I will format THAT one in NTFS.

I had originally formatted the Voyager in NTFS, but found that the medical picture archival workstation at which I work will not at read a thumb drive in anything other than FAT32 the way the program was written (the program runs under WinXP---go figure....), so I re-formatted in FAT32. Now, I am going to keep an old 512 GB thumb drive formatted in FAT32 at work and format the replacement Voyager in NTFS (and I will take off the neck strap...)

Thanks

KK

Archived