Corsair Community

wiring ?

watcher6342

this is my first build and wiring my corsair psu and my gigabyte mobo along with all the fans and controls are kicking my butt. is there anywhere on this forum to get some help with wiring? the mobo is an gigabyte GA-MA790X-UD4P and the psu is an corsair 650TX 650W. is there perhaps a picture of where and what all these cables go to? or should i try to open another case and try to match em up? the case is an thermaltake VA8000SWS .

What you mean by wiring? Like what cables plug to what?

I will answer this question. The 23pin main connector "biggest, widest cable" goes to the main 24pin on your board. Then your 8 pin cpu connector on your board you will have to plug EPS/ATX12V cable in there which most boards to have require it, don't use the one for PCI E since is for video cards. You won't get confuse since your two PCI E is split type at the end 6+2 pin. For your SATA HD if you have them are flat connectors. Then if you still have to use the 4 pin molex for a HD or optical drive is call the 4 pin Peripheral.

here is a picture so you know what I'm talking about and it should help you out what is what.

http://www.corsair.com/products/tx/default.aspx

• Corsair Employees
Just remember that each connector and cable is "keyed" a certain way to prevent plugging it in upside down or backwards, so if a connector doesn't seem to fit where it should, take a look at both the socket and the connector and make sure they match up.

Archived