Corsair Community

Technical design or/and components change of HX 620 science hitting the market??

knallerbse

Hello guys,

just because I have to buy a new PSU, I read a lot about your PSU's, great products btw. Some of the reviews wrote about Rubicon capacitors while elder one mentioned Hitachi. Did you change something in design over the time or are one of those reviewers just wrong?

I also like to know, if you have any plans to bring out a new HX between 1000W and 620W, because I love cable managment.

best regards

knallerbse

• Corsair Employees

Its possible that they could change the brand of a capacitor at any time, but they will all be rated the same at 105C and should be of the same quality. Unfortunately I do not know exactly which ones are used in each different revision, but it should not make too much of a difference.

There will definitely be some additions to the HX lineup between HX620 and HX1000, although there is not a specific release date at this time. I would keep checking back on our site for press releases and keep an eye on the PSU review sites to see when they will be available.

Archived