Corsair Community

2 Bad Power Supplies

SacTownFilmer

First off I bought a Cooler Master power supply 3 weeks ago, it lasted for 13 days then my computer would not turn on at all, no fans, or lights. I tested it and the 5v pin was out on the 24 pin, and the 8 pin and 6 pins were out. Now I bought the Corsair 850W PSU last night and I used it for 3 hours then today I turn my computer on and the same thing. I unplugged everything then it tunred on, I plugged everything back and it still turns on but no beeps nor will my monitors come on. I tested it and the same things are out. Its not giving enough power to anything now. What the heck is going on? I have now spent over $300 in power supplies, I need to figure this out.

I actually got it to work for a little bit. I unpluged everyhting from the back of the computer except for the PSU, then it turned on. But my monitors were just black, but on just not responding. I also had no beeps. So I reset the bios on the board, then it cames on, and worked. I used it all night, then shut it off. Today I go to turn it on and once again not a single thing happens, except a few lights on board come on, but that is it. What could be the problem? I am at a loss.

Archived