Corsair Community

Asus M4A78 Pro and TWIN2X2048-6400C5DHX

CoolingFans

Hi, just upgrade my PC with Asus M4A78 Pro motherboard, but seems like it doesn’t like my Corsair RAM. The PC started up with chassis & CPU fan spinning but it wouldn’t POST and I get a blank screen. The PC will boot when swapping Corsair RAM with other value RAM.

I noticed that this is a common problem after some search around various forums. The solution is to set memory timing manually to:

CL: 5, RCD: 5, RP: 5, RAS: 18, RC: 23, CR: 2T, DRAM voltage: 1.9

But here is the problem: I only manage to install the Corsair RAM in unganged mode. Is there any other setting that can be done to make it run in dual channel mode?

Thanks in advance.

• 1 month later...

I too have the M4A78 Pro and the Corsair cm2x2048-6400c5 memory and have experienced BSODs due to I believe the timing issues. Could someone please describe how to set the correct timing parameters in the BIOS?

Thanks very much...

Regards,

Tom Maugham

• Corsair Employees

There are three of you chiming in on the same thread and you all have different configurations, please start your own thread and the settings can be found in the link in my signature.

Please make sure that you have the latest bios and load setup defaults and then set the memory Voltage to 1.9-2.1 Volts then set the timings manually to the tested settings for the specific module you have, and test the modules one at a time with http://www.memtest.org to be sure one is not failing. If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure. In addition, with some MB's (Mostly ASUS) you have to disable legacy USB in the bios when running any memory test.

Archived