Corsair Community

Bios Voltage adjustment

Hello everyone,

OK I have my computer set up as per my user details above. I seem to be running stable so far, using prime 95, for 3 hours so far. I have set my CPU vcore voltage to 1.2375 in the "over voltage" section of the striker 2 nse bios, however when I look at the "hardware monitor" section of the bios, it reports vcore voltage as 1.33 volts. This is still a little below my max voltage for my CPU, which is 1.3625. My question is why does this differ so much from my manual setting? Asus PC probe 2 has the same difference too. Should I worry. Also I have LLC enabled, I understand the very basics behind this feature, and wonder if this is ok, or should I worry about voltage spikes? Nearly Lastly, North Bridge voltage. Since this is on auto setting, Hardware Monitor reports 1.44 volts, again what should i trust? Also my memory is set in over voltage to 1.8 volts as it should be to run at 1600 MHz. Again though in hardware monitor, it's 1.87 volts. Basically whats going on? Any suggestions would be gratefully received. I have the latest bios by the way for this board. Thank you very much,

Gary

Yare relying on software to take input from sensors and report temps or voltages. If there is a problem with the software, then the reading is wrong. If you are concerned about the voltages, you'd need to verify them with a volt meter to get an accurate reading.

Thanks Specmike,

but I was looking at the Bios Hardware Monitor to get my voltage readings, not windows software. Seems strange that I can manually change voltages in the bios but these changes are not reflected in the later bios section. Anyway Cpu-z tells me my vcore is 1.248-1.264 volts, which is nearly what I have it set to, so I think all is ok? Out of intrest, are volt metres expensive and is there an online guide to using them?

Thanks a lot for answering. Cheers

Gary

Thanks Specmike,

but I was looking at the Bios Hardware Monitor to get my voltage readings, not windows software. Seems strange that I can manually change voltages in the bios but these changes are not reflected in the later bios section. Anyway Cpu-z tells me my vcore is 1.248-1.264 volts, which is nearly what I have it set to, so I think all is ok? Out of intrest, are volt metres expensive and is there an online guide to using them?

Thanks a lot for answering. Cheers

Gary

The BIOS Hardware Monitor is still a piece of software relying on sensor information from the MOBO to give you a temp or voltage reading. If you see anomolies between your set voltages and what you are seeing in the BIOS, you may want to contact the board maker.

Also, if you are not actually having issues, it's probably all a moot point. I have not priced a meter in a while but some place like a hobby shop, Sears, or Radio Shack is a good start. And, I am sure there are online guides but I don't know of any so you'd need to search.

Thanks again Specmike. No issues, so yes I think I will leave it as it is. Cheers Mate!

Gary

Most of the time I try to follow the sage advice of " if it is not broken, don't fix it". Once you put in your 285GTX and stress the system, you'll quickly find out if there are any genuine issues. Let us know if we can help in the future and thank you for choosing Corsair.

Archived