Corsair Community

Crosshair 2 Formula + Zalman 9700 + TWIN2X4096-8500C5DF

Teno

New system, have had it up and running for about a month now.

Upgraded to quad-sli gtx 295's. With that, had to boost my CPU to at least 3.4ghz. (Vcore is set to 1.45v)

I am running stable at 3.5ghz its just due to the limitations of the ******** ram, it won't clock higher then 800 mhz.

Going through Asus's website there was information leading me to corsair domintors due to the ability to run an 8 gig ram setup at 1066.

My main question is, with the motherboard and my Zalman 9700 will these dominators fit? I am planning on moving to a diffrent CPU cooler, the Xigmatek Dark Knight-S1283V.

A friend of mine is using the PCZ reaper 8 gig setup in his crosshair 2, and the Xigmatek doesn't fit.

Is the dominators dimensions close to the ******** reapers? Smaller? Will the Zalman fit? Will the Xigmatek fit?

Thanks again!

Going through Asus's website there was information leading me to corsair domintors due to the ability to run an 8 gig ram setup at 1066.

Our Dominator modules are not as tall as the heat pipes on the other memory you are mentioning. They'll extend about 1.75 inches or so above the socket. I don't know the dimensions of your intended cooler nor do I know how close the memory slots are to the CPU socket on that particular MOBO.

As far as memory, I would not buy a 4 module setup and expect it to run 1066 4 up on an AMD platform. Due to the limitations of the AMD memory controller, it's probably not going to happen regardless of memory brand.

Archived