Corsair Community

Best ram for my board

uhaulkid

I know you all here this ALL the time so I am sorry but here it gos. I have read my eys out. you can see what my specs are so no need to list them again. I just upgraded to vista 64 bit so i want to max out my mobo with the BEST ram i can get. im the book it tells me that i can use the 1066 ram and i have read and read and im more lost them before. i can adjust just about anythign i want in the bios with this board so theres no issuesd there. I have read posts where people say that the sticks wont run at advertised speeds and responses like well with 2 sticks 2 gigs each ye it runs that fast but with 4 sticks 2 gigs each you have to ton it done etc etc etc. what i want is the best ram i can get ghands done, if i need more cooling then i have so be, i have more airflow then you could imagine but if i need more ill do it, but i want the best this board wil handle and if i can i would like som estarting settings to go with and then i can go from there. im not all that good with this. i can read, follow instructions and test away but i do not want to go into this 100% blind. so can you help me picjk out the best you have for my board if cooling is needed tell me yes and what you recommend and ill get that also and can you give me starting settings for this ram/board combo. i want 8 gigs in 2 gig sticks to max it out. again settings in this bios are pretty much unlimited if that helps you. again so sorry for the very over redundent question. i hope i was detailed enough with what i have and what i want to get a god tech support answer so i can sale sand get the best of the best...thanks

We are currently not offering 4GB modules.

What is your intended use for this machine? Unless you are doing heavy CAD, VM, graphics, etc etc you won't actually need or use 8GB or 16GB of memory.

no i said 4 2 gig sticks sorry but5 i got it thanks

know you all here this ALL the time so I am sorry but here it gos. I have so can you help me picjk out the best you have for my board if cooling is needed tell me yes and what you recommend and ill get that also and can you give me starting settings for this ram/board combo. i want 8 gigs in 2 gig sticks to max it out. again settings in this bios are pretty much unlimited if that helps you. again so sorry for the very over redundent question. i hope i was detailed enough with what i have and what i want to get a god tech support answer so i can sale sand get the best of the best...thanks

Ah, I read the part above where you finished by saying you wanted 8GB in gig sticks. I misread and thought you meant 8 GB in 2 sticks.

so in this board what would be better, 2 gig sticks of dominator or 4 2 gig sticks. with 4 2 gig sticks i wil have to tone down the memory right or worng as the bridge cxant handel 8 gigs that speed as it can handle 4 right or wrong. i do NO heavy gaming just multiple windows at a time with lots of ripping and video and picture editing so if i am reading right the 2 2 gig dominatorsd ith somew good cooling and some tweaking will be better then 4 2 gig sticks toned down...and if so would someon be kind enought to help me with settings for this board and 2 2 gig sticks or 4 2 gig sticks doninators please and thiank yuo....some hep with setings and 2 or 4 sticks?

nope they told me it was fgatser, beetr and it will work in that mobo, they told me that it would be better and faste to use two stciks o fthis then 4 cause i didnt need 4 and that 4 woul dbe turned done thusd slowing it down....not cause its not 4 or 2 cause 4 would have to be loweed and i dont need it and 2 would be fater full speed....

Please use full words and sentences. It's getting hard to interpret what you're saying.

If I catch your drift, you're saying they said to go with one kit of TWIN2X4096-8500C5DF (two 2 GB sticks of PC2-8500) versus two because for what you are planning on using your system for, you would only need 4 GB. Not to mention that when running a memory controller under full load (4 sticks) that you'd usually have to drop the speed a notch.

Archived