Corsair Community

TR3X6G2000C8GT - 1 out of 3 sticks does not post

I've sumitted an RMA request 15 mins ago. The rma formm asked if I had contacted the Ramguy and I had it unchecked and had no support ticket. I sumitted it anyways. 3 sticks together will post. 2 out of the 3 sticks will post individually and will boot into windows vista. 1 of sticks will not post and my x58 classified will continuously attempt to post but it will not.

Will it speed up my rma process if you can get me a support ticket so I can resubmit my rma request? I'm assuming the rma process will go faster if there is a support ticket? Do I need to return the fan it came with or do I just send the memory sticks back? The corsair store shows that the memory is out of stock. I sure hope they kept some memory in stock for those with RMA's.

Thanks, Michael

Hello Ramguy. It would be great if you can get it approved to speed things up a bit. Thanks!!!

Tech Support Express Case [928048] - RMA Request Received
noreply_tsx@corsairmemory.com to mgrocks64@gmail.com
2:48pm

Please do not reply directly to this e-mail as this address is not monitored.

Dear Valued Customer,

Your RMA request was received on 4/8/2009 2:48:42 PM.

We will review this request as soon as possible, and respond to you with an RMA number or further suggestions/requests.

Thank You!

Corsair Memory Inc.
Corsair Corporate Headquarters
46221 Landing Parkway
Fremont, CA  94538
Phone 510-657-8747
Fax 510-657-8748
http://tsx.corsair.com
http://www.corsairmemory.com
http://www.asktheramguy.com

EDIT: I received another automated email last night around midnight (central time) which slowed my rma processes even another day. IDK why they got the assumption I only wanted to send only one module.

Responding to Message Regarding Case #928048

Message To » Corsair Technical Support Team

Past Message History

From Message Context Sent On

Technical Support I am sorry but that part is not available as a single module you would need to get them replaced as a set. Once you confirm we will approve your RMA request. 4/9/2009 12:56:07 AM

You I will send all 3 modules. That's no problem. I will send the whole set.

If the replacement modules can be shipped overnight at your cost that would be great too. This has been an inconvenience. I spent over 3 weeks on the waiting list to receive these modules and to get them DOA is unacceptable. 4/9/2009 8:15:57 AM

Currently Responding to Message »

I am sorry but that part is not available as a single module you would need to get them replaced as a set. Once you confirm we will approve your RMA request.

• Corsair Employees
You should get the RMA conformation shortly, I would suggest talking to our customer service about when the parts will be available or see if they can be reserved for you, Please call them at 888-222-4346 Ext "3" once you have the RMA#

I called in a minute after the confirmation was sent out. I explained that good Friday was tomorrow and that most businesses were going to be closed so i wanted to get the memory shipped out today and she pleasantly gave me an rma number and a shipping address. The memory is currently in UPS hands.

The package arrived at Corsair yesterday morning at 9:00 am. My rma status still shows that the package hasn't been received. Tracking number: 1Z 560 815 03 4137 638 7 I hope it isn't going to take you guys 3 days to open up my package? I paid full price 2 weeks ago and i haven't even got to use the memory yet plus the I had to pay the freight to send out DOA memory. and newegg has the same memory for 50 bucks cheaper with free shipping. How does that work? You tell me. Not a happy guy right now. :evil:

• Corsair Employees

Please contact our customer service with this information and they can check this for you. But in most cases the RMA is in process it has just not been updated in the system yet. And I am sorry we do not have access to that system but our customer service does so please call them.

I am sorry we can no longer check RMA status in Tech Support; please call our customer service at 888-222-4346 or 510-657-8747 Ext “3” or send them an email (rmaservice@corsairmemory.com) with your RMA# and ask them for the status!

The package arrived at Corsair yesterday morning at 9:00 am. My rma status still shows that the package hasn't been received. Tracking number: 1Z 560 815 03 4137 638 7 I hope it isn't going to take you guys 3 days to open up my package? I paid full price 2 weeks ago and i haven't even got to use the memory yet plus the I had to pay the freight to send out DOA memory. and newegg has the same memory for 50 bucks cheaper with free shipping. How does that work? You tell me. Not a happy guy right now. :evil:

Next time if you have to RMA something 2 weeks after purchasing it, talk with the store. They can probably replace it quicker (via in person, cross shipping), etc.

Next time if you have to RMA something 2 weeks after purchasing it, talk with the store. They can probably replace it quicker (via in person, cross shipping), etc.

at that time the only place I could order the memory was at the Corsair Store directly. At that time a person had to apply to be on the waiting list and was sold in limited quantities. I was on the waiting list for a little more than a 2 weeks and when a person gets an email saying the memory is available, you better order it within 24 hours or the next person in the waiting list will get the memory. Sure, I wasn't necessarily ready for the memory because the new i7 920 D0's haven't been released yet and I was waiting for those to come into stock. So the memory was shipped and was in original packaging until I could complete the rest of my system and it took another additional 2 weeks before my 920 D0 stepping cpu was shipped out and I could test the memory. If I would have bought the memory at newegg - it would have been rma'd back to newegg. Sure their rma system is quick and easy. They'll rma your parts no questions asked. It would have been a no brainer.

Maybe corsair should implement an addition crossover rma feature to those who have bought through corsair dirrectly and received DOA parts and have issued an rma request within 30 days of purchase date on the original invoice.

All in all, my experience with corsair customer service has been pleasant so far and this hasn't been my first time rmaing corsair parts.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived