Corsair Community

Another stick has failed

Hi, RAM GUY. I hope you'll be able to help me again. About six months ago, I had a problem with some Corsair RAM I purchased for a new computer build. You assisted me in getting replacements for which I am grateful (http://www.asktheramguy.com/v3/showthread.php?t=72685&highlight=657158). The memory I had was deemed obsolete and was replaced with TWIN2X2048-6400C4DHX.

One of the new replacement sticks has now gone bad. When I first received them, I ran MemTest and both were fine. Approximately one week ago I started getting random crashes resulting in BSOD. This was similar to what I was experiencing months ago so I re-tested both sticks of the new memory. Sure enough, one was fine, but the other came back with multiple errors.

Seeing as this is the second set of replacements within six months of the original set, I hope this can be handled as it was the last time where I can contact Customer Service and they will send another set and I can ship the faulty set back using your UPS shipper number. I have kept all of the original correspondence so referencing the original Case #/RMA # is not a problem if needed. This is a very convenient, and timely, process that shows that Corsair cares about their customers and still allows me to use my computer while I wait.

Thanks!

• Corsair Employees

Make sure you have the memory voltage set manually to 2.1 volts and if its still failing then lets get this pair replaced.

The quickest way to resolve this would be to contact our customer service at 888-222-4346 and dial "0", (510) 657-8747 or email rmaservice@corsairmemory.com and provide them with your previous RMA #. Let them know that you have spoken with technical support and that the replacement set that we sent you will now need to be replaced and they should be able to help you ASAP. Let us know if you have any problems!

Archived