Corsair Community

Would CMX512RE-3200LL work with Tyan TigerMPX

Utwig

I'm planning to upgrade to 1GB of RAM in the near future. Currently I have: Tyan TigerMPX S2466N-4M 2x AthlonMP 2800+ (overclocked/modded 2500+ bartons) 512 PC2100 ECC registered (MT chips, CAS2.5 @ 2100) (There was no Corsair ECC Registered in stock at the moment of purchase, I'm from Slovenia, so no order online from USA...) I would like to get 1GB of Corsair ECC RAM for my next upgrade. (I know it's not required, but I prefer to have same type of RAM sticks.) Although ECC is not required for first 2 slots it's recommended and I may get more RAM in the future. The [URL=http://corsairmicro.com/corsair/products/specs/cm72sd512rlp.pdf]CM72SD512RLP[/URL], that is recommended by Corsair is currently not in stock and likely won't be for the near future. Also buying PC2100 now is less futureproof than buying PC3200 (in case I upgrade to Opterons or Xeons or resell my RAM) . I would like to have low latency (CAS2) RAM (Tyan board uses SPD for RAM timings). The only PC2100 CAS2 RAM at time of purchase was from Infineon and wasn't available on local market. Question: - Would 2 or 4 sticks of [URL=http://corsairmicro.com/corsair/products/specs/cmx512re-3200ll.pdf]CMX512RE-3200LL[/URL] work with Tyan TigerMPX S2466N-4M? - Has anyone tested this? - How, if at all is CMX512RE-3200LL CAS latency timings-wise SPD programmed for PC2100 speeds? I have also seen VS1GB ECC 333MHz (PC2700) ECC registered in stock (In this case, I'd get single 1GB stick) - Would this RAM work with Tyan TigerMPX? - At what latency does this memory run? What is the SPD programmed for PC2100? In either case, I plan to replace existing stick (resell it) with new memory. Regards.

• Corsair Employees
I would ask Tyan about these modules, as I understand it there is an un-published jumper to set the Dim Voltage that may allow these modules to work in this MB. At least till you get a newer MB. However, I would not suggest them with this MB. Instead I would stay with what you have till you are ready to upgrade the system.

For the CMX512RE-3200LL, yes, this was discussed a few weeks ago, although you will need to change the jumpers j99 and j100 to enable on the MPX to get this RAM to work. This will give the RAM enough voltage to run properly. If using two of these modules only, you must use banks 3 and 4. J1NG

J1NG: Have you confirmed with Sandra, Aida or CPU-Z or similar if they indeed ran at CAS2 settings at 267MHz (PC2100)? BTW, you're the J1NG from MURC, right? RAM Guy: What are the 3200RE LL modules programmed latency-wise @ PC2100 speed?

Hmmm, unsure actually, all I did was make sure that they worked in the MPX. I could switch them over and test them for you if you want. But it'll be tommorow at the earliest. And, yes, the Monk is here too... :D: J1NG

Utwig: Sandra lists them as 2 here on my MPX. Though I'm not sure if I've got the latest one in use here. Aida and CPU-Z is just hanging the system, or not running at all (dunno why), so I can't test those I'm afraid. Will get back to you soon to confirm the 2 on the MPX. Gonna re-download Sandra and reinstall the system from scratch, some software mods were done, so I don't trust the results I've got. Hold on. J1NG

Archived