Corsair Community

HELP! :( P5N-E SLI and Twin2X4096-6400C5

Bonse

Hey i'm trying to run Twin2X4096-6400C5 (2x2gb) on my P5N-E SLI and it's just not happening.

I change the ram (two yellow slots) hit the power button and nothing. It powers up but doesn't post at all. These are fresh sticks straight out the box.

I get no beeps or anything.

All timing settings are on Auto and currently running 2gb of (2x1gb) ******** 6400C4 (2.2v)

My rig is:

In my profile.

That sounds like a good idea, I'll do that tonight, is there a UK number to call? - I take it they're completely competent even when it comes to OCing etc? Brainboxes if you will.

Please still feel free to help me out if you know any way possible.

And sorry for the previous bump. Was posted at work and was in a rush to post my issue so i wouldn't get into any trouble lol.

Have a good day.

I've been looking around all morning (been busy... lol) and i've noticed people have them rnning fine and others had to tweak their voltage and timings etc but what about me, i cant even get to bios! lol The sticks are fine and the slots are fine... i dont get it (tested on other pc's)

A little update.

I tried changing some timings and voltages and restarted then the pc wouldnt boot up at all with either ram. So i reset the bios, updated it, changed the ram voltage to 2.1 (as found somewhere by RAM GUY) and tried it. Now i'm getting one long continuous beep.

Gonna RMA it doe the DHX model.

• Corsair Employees

Have you tried the modules one at a time to be sure it is not just one that is failing? And if one is failing you will want to get them both replaced, but if it will not post with either modules I would suspect some other issue and would suggest testing them in another system.

Let's get them replaced, please use the On Line RMA Request Form and we will be happy to replace them.

Have you tried the modules one at a time to be sure it is not just one that is failing? And if one is failing you will want to get them both replaced, but if it will not post with either modules I would suspect some other issue and would suggest testing them in another system.

Hey RAM GUY thanks for reading my post. Yes i tried them one at a time at different voltages but still nothing (occassionally a long beep) using the same slots as i do with my current ones. I sent them buy to the shop i bought them off. I've read a fair few problems about them, i think it's generally down to my motherboard being really picky, and my ram isnt on corsairs list for my mobo so i've opted to get them replaced with the DHX model which is (although i thought they were the same ram just different cooling lol)

These settings should be fine for your system. Insert the memory in the first and third slots.

Download Memtest Version 2.11 from--->

and extract the ISO image. Burn the ISO image to an CD-ROM disk.4

Download CPU-z from

Shut the system down and enter your BIOS, Load Setup Defaults, Save Setup Defaults and set to these values:

Advanced:

JumperFree Configuration
AI Tuning = Manual
Overclock Options = Disabled

System Clocks
NB PCI-e Frequency (MHz) = 100

Voltage Control
Vcore Voltage = Auto
Memory Voltage = 1.9v
NB Core Voltage = 1.32v

FSB & Memory Config
FSB - Memory Clock Mode = Unlinked
FSB - Memory Ratio = 2:3 (800Mhz)
FSB (QDR) = 266

Chipset:

Memory Timing Setting
tCL = 5
tRCD = 5
tRP = 5
tRAS = 15
Command Per Clock = 2 Clocks
tRRD = Auto
tRC = Auto
tWR = Auto
tWTR = Auto
tREF = Auto
tRD = Auto
tRFC = Auto
Async Latency = Auto

USB Configuration
USB Controllers = Enabled
USB Legacy Support = Disabled  (Disable when you memtest. Enable afterwards if you have usb keyboard)
USB 2.0 Controller = Enabled

Run Memtest for two full passes, then (If Stable), enter Windows and post screenshots of CPU-z's CPU, Memory and SPD tabs

hey guys, picked it up last night, plugged it in 1 and 3 and jobs a good en, i didnt have time to check it but i ran TF2 everything ultra perfectly fine with no glitches or crashes for a constant 2 hours. (matches)

Thanks for your help.

Archived