Corsair Community

TW3X4G1600C9DHX ver1.2 + ver3.2

robbowigster

hi everyone , im finally coming to putting my new build together over the nxt few wks or so , free time permitting , and need a little help on this question please.

the build consists of >

asus maximus extreme mobo

cpu qx 6850

2 x 74gb raptor h/ds in raid 0 set up

2 x ati 3870 graphics cards

+ various h/ds for storage etc.

quite a while ago i originally purchased the above kit 2 x 2gb ver 3.2 and have some great advice and help from derek t , after seeking help with another question , http://www.asktheramguy.com/forums/s...581#post380581 and will be putting this into practice shortly , the question i have now is , a few days ago i was given 2 of the same mem modules but on looking at the information on the side of these modules they are >>> ver1.2.

im going to be running xp64 bit O/S so this mobo will take the max installed memorie of 8gb

question>>> will these ver1.2 + ver3.2 be ok together ?

my plan is to get up and running with my original ver3.2 the if no issues are pointed out will install ver1.2 after full install is done.

again any help will be apprieciated , guidance with settings if needed to be chaged in bios also be very gratefull with that.

please ask any questions and will reply as promptly as possible....regards...neil

The only memory Corsair supports in a four DRAM slot population is their Quad kits. This does not mean two dual kits or even worse two dual kits of different versions or different manufacturers will not work together, just that you have no recourse to RMA Corsair if they do not work together. If there are problems with the Corsair DRAM modules, they are still supported via lifetime warranty, but that is for physical defects and errors in a two stick kit mode. Matched Quad sets are highly binned modules for a four slot population. The Dual sets are tested as a kit, not a Quad and warranted as a dual kit, not a Quad setup. You need to Memtest them as Kits (2 modules, not as a four DRAM slot population). If they fail as a kit or singly, then you have RMA. Keep in mind that there is no support for mixing and matching different versions of DRAM either since different version are of different fabrications and/or manufacturers. They might work, they might not work, but you have no support if they do not work. Thus you are advised to buy all the DRAM at the same time and in this way be more assured of getting the same versions. It is advised that if you buy online, you are sure to specify same versions of the modules.

You are advised to drop the bandwidth to 1333Mhz and raise the NB Voltage +.1v (for your X38/X48 board).

hello again derek , thanks for the reply , ok that all makes sense , i hoped i could make use of these xtra modules but am not going to cause myself hassles along the way by trying to get them to work and risk damage etc etc.

so the only way to increase men size is to get same version number = 2 x 2gb kit x 2 = 8gb....from same source...if i decide to go this way. it does make me ask the question also , will i notice that much in having 8gb as opposed to 4gb...something for me to think about.

again derek thanks for the reply,s and the help given i think this question is ansered.....gt work derek....regards...neil

Archived