Corsair Community

Asus A7N8x Deluxe v2.0 & Twinx1024 xms3200llpt users read

DomA

Hi, I recently got this ram to run with my board to replace my Crucial ram. I could run each stick on it's own at 6-3-2-2T (recommended settings) with no problems, but would get memtest errors when running both sticks either in single or dual channel. I upped settings to 6-3-3-2.5T with no success and was getting very frustrated so I started searching these and other forums. What I found was that everyone recommended setting to either 11-3-2-2T or 11-2-2-2T for best performance so i set mine to 11-3-2-2T as a last resort and this works fine. I no longer get memtest or prime errors at all with both dimms running in single or dual channel and can in fact run like this @220 fsb dual channel. I will do some more testing using 11-2-2-2T when i have some time and will post the results here. I hope this may help some people who have had the same problem.

Indeed, I will probably stay at what i have. My main point was that i couldn't run more than 1 stick at a time at 6, but changing to 11, which everyone reports as being the highest preforming setting actually enabled me tyo run with no erros.

Also I have noticed many people on here saying they get errors when running more than 1 stick. Maybe they should be advised to try upping to 11 before completing an RMA, this could also be their problem...It can't hurt and may actually save a lot of hassle all round as the nforce boards do seem to behave in quite a strange manner.

Hi, I did read your post. My systemspecs are the same and I had the same problem. I am going to try your memorytimings. Maybe you can tell me your other biossettings for the chipset features. CPU Frequency Multiple System Performance CPU Inreface Memory Frequency When I set everything to auto, my system works stable with CPU frequency 196MHz. I hope your solution works. welzer

My system specs are: AsusA7N8X de Luxe 2.0, AthlonXP3200, TwinX1024-3200C2PT 8-3-3-3 2,6v Radeon9600pro, IiyamaProliteE431S CPU freq. 200, mult. 11.0, system perf. User def., mem.freq. SPD. I've tried 11-3-2-2, no succes.

• Corsair Employees
welzer I would suggest testing the modules one at a time at the tested settings for your modules Cass 2.5-3-3-6 and set the Dim Voltage to 2.7 Volts. In addition, if you have bios 1.007 installed you might try 1.006 as well. And I would double check your CPU and make sure you have a 3200+ as it sounds more like you have a 2500+ over clocked to 3200+. DomA, Can you give me the Revision of your MB and the bios version you have installed? In addition, an XP3200+ should be running at 2.2 Ghz as well!

Ram Guy I tried Cass. 2,5-3-3-6 2,7V. Pass 4, test5 nothing but errors. Im sure the CPU is an XP3200+. (boxed by AMD) I don't want o.c. What's the reason of trying an older bios. DoMa My mobo is Rev.2.0 latest bios 1007. The CPU runs at 2,2 GHz, (11x fsb200)but the system is not stable. When I lower it to 196Mhz it is. I tried your Cass. 11-3-2-2. Later on I saw you have 3200LL modules. Mine are 3200C2PT. Maybe that's why it doesn't work for me.

• Corsair Employees
If you have XMS3200C2 the suggested settings would be Cass 2.5-3-3-6 for a Twinx set and Cass 2.5-3-3-7 for a non twinx set. I have seen some bios issues, and that would be an easy way to verify that its not some problem with your MB or bios. If you still get errors lets try replacing your modules. Please follow the link in my signature, and we will be happy to replace them.

Archived