Corsair Community

Dead 750TX

crg9101

Disconnected PC & unplugged all cables in order to move computer to a new place.

After I got to new place, connected mouse, keyboard, printer etc. before powering up machine. When I pushed the power button machine went on for 3 seconds and stalled. System will not turn ON.

Got power supply tester. NO lights on OR Beep at all. Corsair 750x is DEAD!

I do not understand what could have happened....

CAN any sudden shut down of the system, be the cause of why the power supply failed?

Tested my 600W BFG . All lights go on and tester beeps. Computer works fine with BFG power supply.

thanks

:mad:

Doublecheck the wires inside the case to be sure some stray wire isn't grounding out against the case or any metal on the motherboard. I had an SPDIF sound cable touching metal inside the case and my tx850's protection circuits wouldn't allow the system to boot for more than a couple of seconds.

Yeah i just had the exact same thing happen to me. but I didn't move my computer what so ever. this is the second time it wouldn't turn on. the first time I disconnected my headset through usb in back and after 5 minutes of waiting it finally turned on. this time it wouldn't turn on at all. Any ideas? i tried the testing with a power supply tester. also used a paper clip. and neither of them did anything. help. its still under warranty. but they haven't responded yet.

• Corsair Employees

I would remove the PSU from the case, unplug everything from the PSU except for a case fan and try this basic functionality test. If the PSU turns on and then turns right back off on its own, then lets get them replaced!

You can use the On Line RMA Request Form and we will be happy to replace it. Be sure to check the box that says “I've already spoken to Technical Support and/or RAM Guy.”

If the PSU turns on and stays on when jumping the 2 pins on the 24-pin connector then there may be some other problem and I would test the PSU in a different system to be sure.

Archived