Corsair Community

ic7-g issues running 2 pairs twinx 1024 3200

jifster

Hi I bought 2 pairs of the 400mhz twinx 3200ll memory. When I isntalled windows (2k) I had to remove one pair, otherwise I got the error "file cannot be copied etc". Now windows is installed if I put the other pair in I get a load of windows issues. Now it might be bum memory but I thought I'd ask is there any issue with running 2 pairs of the same memory. (I have one pair in dimm1 + 3, when running the other pair as well they went in 2 + 4). As a further thing, every game I play now2 stutters (fps dies) for a split second every 10 to 30 seconds or so, then the fps is back to normal. Any ideas? I reckon this has every chance of being memory related as I've had nothing but hassle with the memory in this machine. :(

• Corsair Employees
I would test the modules one at a time and lets make sure one is not failing. However, with four modules, I would set the timings manually to Cass 2.5-3-3-7 and set the Dim Voltage to 2.75 Volts as well.

• Corsair Employees
If you are saying that one set runs with out problems and one will not let the system post that would suggest that either the second set may be a registered module set of there is some problem with that set. Please double check that you do not have an "R" or "RE" in the part#. If not then please follow the link in my signature and we will be happy to replace them. If you do have the incorrect part, please ask your reseller if they can help you with an exchange!

Archived