Corsair Community

Bios Settings for Asus P6T6 WS Revolution with 2 pairs of TR3X6G1866C9DF?

Asus

Hello, I was wondering if anyone knows what settings I should enter in the Bios for the P6T6 WS Revolution. I have the latest BIOS and I have tried enabling the XMP profile but after it posts and gets ready to start up windows (green bar screen) it gives me the BSOD for a second and reboots to a black screen (no posting). After that I have to shutdown the computer and it tells me to press F1 to continue or load the default settiongs. I have a Core i7 965 and 12gb of the Corsair TR3X6G1866C9DF Dominator (6x 2gb sticks). My cpu settings are at default. Computer boots fine with no errors if I leave the memory on "Auto" settings. I would like to run them as close to 1866 as possible with a 3.6ghz overclock. Would I have to increase the Cpu voltage to 1.24? What about the Uclk, Bclk and Qpi? I've also tried running them at DRAM Bus Voltage 1.64 instead of 1.66 (setting to 1.65 seems to be impossible with this board) and it wouldn't even post. Thanks!

Ok, I tested each ram stick one by one and fully loaded Windows Vista 64bit on XMP settings on all of them. I then inserted 3 sticks (blue slots) and successfully booted Windows. Then I inserted 1 more (4 total) and successfully booted Windows. After that I tried 1 more (5 total) and successfully booted Windows. At this point I thought for sure it was going to work now with all 6 and XMP settings but after I inserted the 6th stick It it refused to boot. I then shut it down and It booted back up at default settings and loaded Windows Vista successfully at 1333mhz. I then shut it down again and tried to replicate the results and the second time once I got to inserting the 6th stick it posted and when it was about to start Windows it gave me the BSOD. I tried this serveral times, with the sticks in different slots (to rule out a single stick causing the problem) and I came up with the same results. I was never able to boot up with all 6 sticks on XMP settings. I am thinking that It might be a BIOS problem and was wondering what else I can try. All of the sticks passed memory testing individually. I have ruled out memory slots also and memory sticks. Please advise, Thank you once again for your time and help.

You may have to increase the QPI voltage. If you can not gain a success with 6 sticks of identical memory lowered in speed as you have done, then the issue is very likely the memory controller or the pipeline Northbridge.

XMP is a standard for one Dual Channel Setup, not two, so you need to set them manually.

Ok, I tested each ram stick one by one and fully loaded Windows Vista 64bit on XMP settings on all of them. I then inserted 3 sticks (blue slots) and successfully booted Windows. Then I inserted 1 more (4 total) and successfully booted Windows. After that I tried 1 more (5 total) and successfully booted Windows. At this point I thought for sure it was going to work now with all 6 and XMP settings but after I inserted the 6th stick It it refused to boot. I then shut it down and It booted back up at default settings and loaded Windows Vista successfully at 1333mhz. I then shut it down again and tried to replicate the results and the second time once I got to inserting the 6th stick it posted and when it was about to start Windows it gave me the BSOD. I tried this serveral times, with the sticks in different slots (to rule out a single stick causing the problem) and I came up with the same results. I was never able to boot up with all 6 sticks on XMP settings. I am thinking that It might be a BIOS problem and was wondering what else I can try. All of the sticks passed memory testing individually. I have ruled out memory slots also and memory sticks. Please advise, Thank you once again for your time and help.

Thanks for the replies and help. I found out that the P6T6 can not handle anything over 1700mhz at the moment, with 12gb of memory installed. I guess I will have to wait until they release new updates and try once again. I am currently running all 12gb at 1600mhz with no problem. Life was going faster at 1866mhz with 10gb of the memory installed. Oh well, hope this helps anyone else out there that bought 12gb of 1600+. Thanks!

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

Sorry to resurrect this thread, but I have a question about the Asus Revolution motherboard.

I plan to build me a system with this same MB and also with 12GB of RAM. Unfortunately I haven't found any aircoolers which fit this configuration. Maybe someone can help me in my search for a compatible aircooler for this particular config?

Oh oops, forgot to tell. I'm searching for a CPU cooler.

I also plan to use the CMXAF2 RAM cooler to cool my 12 GB (maybe it's not necessary, but sure looks cool :D: ).

And since all the cooler setups I've seen on the net (maybe I wasn't thorough enough) also cover the entire row of RAM (or the first bank of RAM), it's neigh impossible for me to choose a decent CPU aircooler.

Hopefully someone can point me in the direction of a good sollution for this (no watercooling please).

Archived