Corsair Community

problem

nadler1ny

I have a similar issue - same motherboard - same memory. Everything on auto in bios - After 24 to 36 hours my PC freezes. From what I can figure out so far it is either incorrectly set memory or a bad motherboard. I am not interested in overclocking and I am not certain what setting I should set the bios to but I am currently trying 1.6 v for Dram and 9 9 9 24 as the first 4 setting for memory 1. As I am not sure what I am doing, does this sound right? It's been running with these settings for a couple of hours and everything seems fine so far, but I want to make sure I'm setting the correct settings to their proper levels.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Download Memtest Version 2.11 from--->

and extract the ISO image. Burn the ISO image to an CD-ROM disk.

Download CPU-z from

Run Memtest for two full passes, then (If Stable) enter Windows and post screenshots of CPU-z's CPU, Memory and SPD tabs.

Results?

I have a similar issue - same motherboard - same memory. Everything on auto in bios - After 24 to 36 hours my PC freezes. From what I can figure out so far it is either incorrectly set memory or a bad motherboard. I am not interested in overclocking and I am not certain what setting I should set the bios to but I am currently trying 1.6 v for Dram and 9 9 9 24 as the first 4 setting for memory 1. As I am not sure what I am doing, does this sound right? It's been running with these settings for a couple of hours and everything seems fine so far, but I want to make sure I'm setting the correct settings to their proper levels.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Thank you for your prompt reply.

Please note the bios and memtest reports 2048 installed but 1792 for usable memory.

Ran 2 passes of memtest with 0 errors (altho it seemed to report all settings incorrectly) (settings RAM 434 MHZ DDR 869 CAS 2.5-1.0-5 DDR-1128)

The CPU, Memory and SPD screens of CPU z are attached. If they didn't make it let me know.

Also I have manually used AiTweeker on the motherboard to change the Dram Voltage to 1.6

Dram 1st Info to 999-24-5-34-10-5

TLC 9

TRCD 9

TRP 9

TRAS 24

These were total guesses on my part.

I have also contacted Asus who says they think the problem is the memory or memory setting on the MB and I should ask you about it. (passing the buck as it were).

Thanks again for your help.

CPU.jpg.32f6f7e0e753734ea48aa23b05723a2d.jpg

memory.jpg.f582d029d3b36d6c9801cd567fd7c852.jpg

spdslot1.jpg.7cdb9c74f8b2003280344f7bc1ef2705.jpg

SPDslot2.jpg.a88c4b25c2a65f00d8f3980dbc32cda4.jpg

I just tested each stick in slot A1 - They each reported 767mb of Memory with no errors. When I took out the first stick and ran the 2nd stick I got a bios error that the bios couldn't be overclocked and I set it to its default settings.

When I replaced both sticks the Installed size is again reported as 2048 with the usable size as 1792. I changed the settings to 9-9-9-24 again. It had been running for about 36 hours without a freeze using those settings.

Unfortunately my warranty exchange time at Newegg has only a couple of days left so I would like to get to the bottom of this.

Thanks for your assistance.

Archived