Corsair Community

Dominator Airflow fan loudly vibrating

It seems i'm not the only one with this issue which is nice to know, is it possible to get an RMA number just for the fans as i dont want to loose the ram from my system. The fan nearest the Graphics card vibrates really loudly and if touched lightly it slows down and the noise dissapears- albeit momentarily.

Many thanks. Mac

Hello guys, i'm having quiet the same problem. I'm using 8GB of the Dominator Memory (two Twin2X4096-8500C5DF) which i ordered in a kit with the ram fan. Luckily i ordered two kits, so i have 2 fans for testing. But both have the same problem: when the fan is installed on the memory and i start the pc with plugged in fan connectors, there is this terrible noise which is definitely caused by the RAM fans. Lowering the velocity does not solve the problem, i've tried that yet. When using the PC some minutes, the noise disappears and the fans are silent as the should be, but the next time i boot up, same problem. Is there a solution for that problem yet? Perhaps it is an installation fault?? I wonder why only some users gets this error? I'm pretty sure having installed the fans correctly, but i have the same noise with both fans.

• Corsair Employees

That may be normal because when the MB fist starts it will turn the fans on 100% making more noise but once its up and running the speed comes down.

But if you want to try and replace on just use the link and part number I gave previously.

That may be normal because when the MB fist starts it will turn the fans on 100% making more noise but once its up and running the speed comes down.

Thanks for your answer, this is quiet an excellent support!

I know, that all fans are fully powered during starting up the PC, but the noise is not a "fan-like" noise. And additionally, the noise lasts until OS boots, other fan noises disappear during POST. So in my opinion a manufacturer fault...

But if you want to try and replace on just use the link and part number I gave previously.

I will do so, thanks for your hints!

I received the replacement fans today and have to say how impressed and quickly the RMA was completed. Ive ordered another 4 gigs of the dominator ram for my system and would very much recommend your products on the value and excellent support I have received.

Archived