Corsair Community

HX620W Dead(-ish) on Arrival?

wheresmysocks

After throwing all of the components of my new system together, I powered on the machine which started POSTing. Everything seemed good to go, but then the machine shut off before it could tell me there was no operating system.

Further attempts to turn the computer back on (resetting the BIOS, leaving it unplugged for a bit, etc.) failed. So, I tried the paper clip test mentioned in one of the sticky threads (with some fans attached for a load) as well as a (really) basic power supply tester I had lying around and it would not power on.

In the tests (and when I was still attempting to use the motherboard to power on the machine) a very subtle clicking noise can be heard coming from the power supply. I'm assuming now that the power supply is pretty much dead.

Does that sound like a reasonable assumption?

If so, would it be faster to RMA through Corsair or through the retailer I got it from (NewEgg)?

Thanks!

• Corsair Employees

Let's get it replaced, please use the On Line RMA Request Form and we will be happy to replace it. Be sure to check the box that says “I've already spoken to Technical Support and/or RAM Guy.”

If you RMA directly to Corsair, the average turnaround time is 7-10 days. From the sound of it you are still within the warranty period with NewEgg, so you may want to contact them and see if they can replace it any faster.

If you RMA directly to Corsair, the average turnaround time is 7-10 days. From the sound of it you are still within the warranty period with NewEgg, so you may want to contact them and see if they can replace it any faster.

Thanks! I've started the RMA process with NewEgg.

I have no idea where your socks are, sorry!

Oh well, the search continues.

Archived