Corsair Community

Not buying your product

dpg3

I'm buying 4 gigs of ram to update my system, I've been researching suppliers and ram for 2 days and have come to a conclusion. Actually it's the same conclusion as the original poster:

YOUR REBATE PROGRAM IS A SCAM!!!!!!

Oh not in the traditional sense of an illegal scam, more on the lines of neglect and delay, hoping the customer will just eventually give-up!!!!

I've read your posts here and your words mean, nothing it's actions that count. Just because a third party handles your rebates is that any reason for such lousy service? If they suck so bad and make people jump through so many hoops, to get their rebates, why don't you use a better third party or do it in house????? Perhaps you just don't care about customer service enough. Customer service is doing something good for the customer, not saying your going to do it!!!!!

I'm not a huge Walmart fan but I've never had a problem returning anything there, THEY GET IT CUSTOMERS COUNT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The real irony in this, is that you make very good ram and if I thought I had a hope of getting the rebate, I might buy your product.

I'm buying locally, it costs more but at least I can bring it back to the store if I have problems!!

You just lost another customer!!

PS I could fill this page with complaints about yours and other retailers rip off rebate programs!!!

Here are just a few from Newegg:

Again your company seems great with words just not actions, talk is cheap, do something to clean up your act and perhaps people will start trusting your rebate program again!!!!

So why would I ever buy your product?????

I doubtful you'll allow this to be posted, truth hurts!!!

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductReview.aspx?Item=20-145-194&SortField=0&SummaryType=0&Pagesize=10&SelectedRating=1&PurchaseMark=&VideoOnlyMark=False&VendorMark=&Keywords=%28keywords%29&Page=1

First, 1 exclamation mark does the job of 10.

Second, buy whatever you want, it's your money.

So you're choosing to listen to 4 or so people that complain on the internet and gave low ratings versus the hundreds that gave 5/5? That's totally your choice.

What you're not reading there is that Corsair has always stood up and honored their rebates. Read this forum and other ones out there. Read more than the 4 people on that one site. Do more research than reading just one thread.

As for allowing it to be posted, why not? The best way to judge something or someone isn't how it deals with the easy moments in life, but the difficult ones.

Then again, since you're not a customer of Corsair's, I don't know what they'd be able to do to help you.

My job duties include working at other forums outside the Corsair forum each day. In the course of a week I do have customers that approach me stating that they have had an issue with a rebate. We then address the issue and make good on the rebate.

And, all issues are not the same. I have had more than 1 customer respond to me stating that their rebate was lost in the mail or had insufficient postage etc etc etc and they got it back from their postal service a few weeks or months after mailing it.

So, it's fair to say that things do happen which can prevent a customer from getting a rebate. But, to call us deliberate scammers is not fair and is grossly inaccurate.

http://www.corsairmemory.com/company/contacts.aspx

Wired I like exclamation marks usually more than one!!!!!

"So you're choosing to listen to 4 or so people that complain on the internet and gave low ratings versus the hundreds that gave 5/5? That's totally your choice.

It was more than 4 or 5 people, for everyone one person who complains about a defective product or rebates there's many more who can't be bothered!!

"What you're not reading there is that Corsair has always stood up and honored their rebates. Read this forum and other ones out there. Read more than the 4 people on that one site. Do more research than reading just one thread."

Obviously you didn't read my original post very well, why am I not surprised by that, "I've been researching suppliers and ram for 2 days".

Over those two days I went on many online retailers, each has a customers review section of their products they purchased. The main theme running through the various forums was the many, many problems with rebates and returns. It seems like Corsair and other suppliers of ram can't or just don't care enough about their potential and actual customers to get this right!!!!

So as you can see and would've and should've know, if you had carefully read my post. I did my research!!

"Then again, since you're not a customer of Corsair's, I don't know what they'd be able to do to help you."

Again missing the point as to why I'm not a customer and again I am not surprised. With this attitude of always blaming the customer or potential customer will Corsair or any of the other negligent suppliers change there ways, I doubt it!!!

So of course I bought locally. Cost me about $25.00 more than online but that's what the rebate would've been and we all know how easy they are to get!!!!!

specmike

"My job duties include working at other forums outside the Corsair forum each day. In the course of a week I do have customers that approach me stating that they have had an issue with a rebate. We then address the issue and make good on the rebate."I don't know what forums your reading but every forum I've been on, the main complaint is rebates and the trouble dealing with customer service. I think it's very telling, that yours and other companies, try to trick people up with as many details and technicalities as they can. The it's for "identification purposes" does not pass the smell meter!!!!!

"And, all issues are not the same. I have had more than 1 customer respond to me stating that their rebate was lost in the mail or had insufficient postage etc etc etc and they got it back from their postal service a few weeks or months after mailing it."

Again blaming the customer, how appropriate and you wonder why we don't trust you guys!!! Most of the posts I've read are how meticulous people are when sending in rebates, cause everyone knows how easy it is for Corsair and other companies to reject their rebates!!!!

"So, it's fair to say that things do happen which can prevent a customer from getting a rebate. But, to call us deliberate scammers is not fair and is grossly inaccurate."

Of course by that you mean, it's totally the customers fault, the very attitude that will result in little to no change in the abyssal rebate programs that most suppliers run!

Again and I'm really getting tired with the fact that your not paying attention to what I said in my original post,

"Oh not in the traditional sense of an illegal scam, more on the lines of neglect and delay, hoping the customer will just eventually give-up!!!!"

"grossly inaccurate" I think not, go to Tiger.com, Newegg, NCIX and almost any other online computer seller and you'll see the massive discontent with yours and other suppliers rebate programs. I'm not holding my breath!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

**The really sad thing is we have the same birthday!!!!

• Corsair Employees

dpg3

I am sorry that you feel so strongly about this but unfortunately it is the standard and as stated previously, we do not process the rebates our selves also that is standard for any company but when we see someone who has a problem our customer service will get involved and help to rectify the problem.

That being said there is no way for us to monitor every reseller and make sure that they take proper care of our customers but if the user has a problem and does not come back to us; that is their fault for at least not trying to contact our customer service. And I think if you check with most of the people who had an issue had it was resolved or they just decided it was not worth the effort and let it go. And again as such how is that our fault?

Now you have made your point and yes we do care. And I have forwarded a link to this thread to our Sales manager for him to review.

Bottom Line:

If you buy our products or anyone for that fact and they have a problem with a rebate they should contact our customer service at rmaservice@corsairmemory.com and I am sure they will do their best to help resolve the issue. That is the best I can offer.

So you're choosing to listen to 4 or so people that complain on the internet and gave low ratings versus the hundreds that gave 5/5? That's totally your choice.
It was more than 4 or 5 people, for everyone one person who complains about a defective product or rebates there's many more who can't be bothered!
And the same can be said for those who don't have a problem with rebates. For each voice who speaks up there are more that don't.

Did you ask anywhere if people didn't have a problem w/ rebates?

Then again, since you're not a customer of Corsair's, I don't know what they'd be able to do to help you.

Again missing the point as to why I'm not a customer and again I am not surprised. With this attitude of always blaming the customer or potential customer will Corsair or any of the other negligent suppliers change there ways, I doubt it!

This perceived attitude is all coming from only one side of the process. To be fair you should be asking the rebate companies the ratio of rebates that get processed fine versus denied because of failures to follow the rules.

There's a difference between giving constructive criticism and giving a complaint. Constructive criticism is always welcomed by all from anyone, however IMHO your comments are leaning towards a complaint. There's no problem with that, however complaints / praises about a customer process can only be given accurately from those who have gone through said process (e.g. customers). Complaining about heresay on the internet helps no one. Additionally, complaints can be resolved talking with Customer Service who will help to resolve the issue. To be blunt, Corsair's legally obligated to pay the rebate assuming the forms have been done correctly and on time.

specmike wasn't blaming the customer, he was just bringing up the point that sometimes it's the fault of the mail carriers. Right above that he said that they help out customers with rebate issues. To be fair, let's ask Corsair this: When someone has an issue that's no one's fault (e.g. the mail carrier screws up), what happens?

Same birthday? Taurus? explains a lot if you believe astrological hooey.

Archived