Corsair Community

Can a Corsair TX750...

cmmahone

I purchased a TX750 Corsair PSU for a new build I attempted.

I say attempted becuase I can't get my 2 video cards run in SLI.

Both are connected using the PCI-e connectors provided and run fine in the #1 PCI-e card slot but in SLI with the bridge; the second card is never picked-up by the operating system.

Device Manager only shows one GTX260. I have checked both card when installed and when powered, the fans are turning slightly.

My question: Does the TX750 PSU have enough power and amps to support both video cards and a Q9650?

Note: the GTX260 video card requires a 12v Rail with 36 amps.

Any help would be great as this has been a week plus ordeal.

Thank you in-advance

• Corsair Employees
The TX750 has 60 amps on the 12 rail so you should have plenty of power. The 36A recommendation is for the entire system running with one of those cards, the card itself can only pull up to 15 amps maximum according to Nvidias spec. I would suspect that the issue lies elsewhere and I would make sure you have the latest BIOS and drivers installed for the cards. If you still have problems then I would test the cards one at a time in the same slot and make sure they both work when tested individually.

I have installed both cards, one at a time into slot #1. Both cards work individually in either Vista or Windows. When I move one of the cards to slot #3 (middle slot) I receive a message from the bios that I chose the wrong slot, please choose slot #2.

The bios and card drivers were updated to the latest version. BIOS was updated to the Jan 2009 version for FTW, card drivers to 182.08.

If the OS is not picking-up the card at all, could it be a bios setting or a bad card slot? I have the SLI bridge on the back set of tangs closet to the power connectors.

Is there anything else I could try.

Thanks.

• Corsair Employees
Other than testing the cards together in a different system there is not a whole lot I could suggest. You may want to contact the video card manufacturer to see if this may be a common problem with your particular hardware configuration, and see if they can help you narrow down the problem. If at any point it looks like the PSU could be causing the problems then we can certainly try replacing it, but from what you describe it seems like more of a video card/motherboard/drivers related issue.

Archived