Corsair Community

2 pairs of TWIN2X4096-8500C5DF @ 1066?

dimmanramone

Hi to all,

I have two pairs of TWIN2X4096-8500C5DF (8gb) running right now @ 800 without changing any values manually, both of the pairs are the same version and where running perfectly @ 800 with my AMD dualcore cpu.

Recently I upgraded my cpu at one AMD Phenom II 940 Black Edition(not overclocked, yet at least), that is supporting 1066Mhz RAM.

As I read in the forums there is not big chances to make the 2 pairs two run together @ 1066 and be stable, or did I understood wrong?

Should I leave the RAM to run @ 800Mhz or is it possible to run @ 1066 with two pairs?

And if it is possible, do you recommend to do that in the case that I'm going to OC my CPU, or is it better to leave 800Mhz if my CPU is OC?

My motherboard is one Gigabyte GA-MA790FX-DS5 in case someone have the same motherboard and tried something similar.

Thx in advance for your help

/Dimman

• Corsair Employees
With 4 modules I would suggest setting the memory frequency at DDR667 or DDR800 and set the memory Voltage to 2.1 Volts and set the NB/MCH/SPP Voltage to +.2 Volts as well and test the system with http://www.memtest.org. In addition, with some MB's (Mostly ASUS) you have to disable legacy USB in the bios when running any memory test.

Corsair apparently does not support a 4x2GB in 4 slot population, only if you buy the 4x1GB version this will work for you. You don't need the extra ram unless you run a virtual server or such like. I suggest you return all ram and buy from someone else that officially do support it.

Corsair apparently does not support a 4x2GB in 4 slot population
They support memory as they are sold, e.g. one pair running as one pair, one QUAD kit running as 4 sticks. Running 2 memory kits together cannot be guaranteed because no one has tested them, not to mention the myriad of issues that arise when placing a full load on a memory controller.

Archived