Corsair Community

Computer Shuts off with TX650

kidsol

Ive had my powersupply for since September 08 and I was veyr happy wiht my purchase. I came home Friday and booted up my computer, after i opened outlook it just shut off. I turned it back on only for it to get halfway into loading windows and my computer shutoff again. I finally got ym computer up to run for mor ethan 10 mins and checked my CPU temp to make sure it wasnt overheating and shutting itsef off, the temperature wasnt any hotter than normal. After another few mins my pc shutoff again, as i tried to start it up oevr again it woudl just keep shutting itself off even before my dual boot selection came up. I unplugged each fan, and my cd rom drive and tried to boot it up with just mobo power, HD power, and my SLI power, it continued to do the same, after countless tries of connections i got the same problem. I reaplced the tx650 wiht my older PSU I replaced it with. Since then I have had no issues. Any suggestions on why my computer is constantly crashing witht he 650TX after 6 months down the road?

• Corsair Employees

It is possible that the motherboard or some other component is going out of spec and tripping the overcurrent/overvoltage protection circuits in the PSU. I would try the PSU in a different system to rule this out. If you have the same problems in a different system, then you can be fairly certain that the PSU is causing the problems and in that case, we would want to get the PSU replaced.

Please use the On Line RMA Request Form and we will be happy to replace it. Be sure to check the box that says “I've already spoken to Technical Support and/or RAM Guy.”

Archived