Corsair Community

850tx PSU shows strange POST codes.

kubus007

after installing this psu i noticed strange post codes on my board before the usual "C1". some examples, "1C" "1U" and the like. unhooked all except the atx and eps cables and same thing. exchanged parts like ram, same thing. my other dfi p35 has no strange codes. so i switched the power supplies. now my board boots to "C1" with no problems. i also received a new psu from ******** and it also produces strange post codes.:confused:

::EDIT::

my psu was ready to rma. the dfi bios has an option under integrated peripherals > on chip ide device called "run ahci rom". this should only be enabled if you have "sata" optical cd dvd drives. in my case i have "ide" optical drives. setting ahci to disabled solved my problem. no need to rma. :headbang:

EDIT2EDIT:

never mind. the above fix worked for another power supply that i got and tested with the system and the ahci rom fix worked. i put the corsair back in and the fix did not work. so i will rma.:bsflag:

i tested the psu on a different mobo of the same model and it also showed strange post codes, when not with its usual psu. my other psu, i just got back, on the referenced mobo also showed strange post codes before the usual "C1". and it also is supposed to be new. :confused:

• Corsair Employees

I would make sure you have the latest BIOS for the motherboard, load defaults in the BIOS, and then test the PSU one more time. If you still have the same issues then lets get it replaced!

You can use the On Line RMA Request Form and we will be happy to replace it. Be sure to check the box that says “I've already spoken to Technical Support and/or RAM Guy.”

i'm using 12/24/2007 on both boards. and did what you said about mine. i tried previous bios and the new 9/19 and no go. my question for rma; is there going to be a problem since i already sent my rebate? thanks for your help.

Archived